Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so the subject tells you very little about what I'm writing. I'm just wondering if the 4-piston front/2-piston rear calipers from a JZA80 will fit my MA71 with stock rotors and stainless lines (upcoming mod). Thanks everyone. Also, wondering about the Lexus AFM swap. First off, which car do I remove said meter? Second, is it a total plug/bolt/play affair of do I need to attach the Lexus plug to my Supra harness. Thanks once again.

Jon

·
***ified?
1,087 Posts
searching will answer all of your questions

·
Just say no to Supras
2,292 Posts
Dr J fitted MKIV rear brakes on his car. IIRC, the front ones will not work for some reason or another. He has a write up on his sight www.4cefed.com

As for the Lex mod, everything you would want to know can be found by searching (the little red button on the top right of the screen:)).

·
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星
10,377 Posts
MKIIITurboPearlWht said:
OK so the subject tells you very little about what I'm writing. I'm just wondering if the 4-piston front/2-piston rear calipers from a JZA80 will fit my MA71 with stock rotors and stainless lines (upcoming mod). Thanks everyone. Also, wondering about the Lexus AFM swap. First off, which car do I remove said meter? Second, is it a total plug/bolt/play affair of do I need to attach the Lexus plug to my Supra harness. Thanks once again.

Jon
Why is it everyone first post is always about transplanting something from the A80 to the A70? Is it just me?

Oh, and i doubt you have a MA7"1" It's a A70.

Excuse me, i'm just venting cause i just saw this same kinda stuff on Socalsupras forum in one day.

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
the lex is plug and play, although after using mine for less then a day, the Lex electronics crapped out.... kinda wierd....

·
Supra Dupra
534 Posts
Using the Lexus AFM, do you have to use the 550 injectors??? or you need some type of fuel controller like SAFC, etc.????

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
Both.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As to the reply about the A71 thing. . .it's just what my VIN reads: JT2MA71. . . .So that's why I put it there. Additionally, I'm very aware that A70 is used to describe all MKIII Supras. Just thought I'd clear things up.

·
Dr Wheelspin Rh.D.
4,393 Posts
The reason the VIN says MA71 is to identify turbo cars for insurance companies, etc. The actual chassis code is MA70 for all MK3's with the 7m series motor. JZA70 for 1jz series motor, GA70 for 1g series motor. A70 is just a catch all phrase for MK3 Supra.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts