Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone else have a problem with their brakes sticking and not releasing? i can manually release the brake with my hands (i did when i pulled it off and checked it) but when i press in the brake pedal the caliper doesnt release it. what am i looking at here? broken caliper? cinched brake line? help me out if youve had this problem or know of it please!!

·
Banned
1,062 Posts
probably air in the lines or entire system or just gualled or dirty pistons. You can bleed the system fairly easily and you can actually clean up the piston if it is gualled but it is a little tricky. If you take the pads off and push the pistons out you will be able to tell right away. Hope this helps.

Peace

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im not too familiar with brake systems, but if there was air in the lines, wouldnt it affect all the brake and not just 1? (only the front right is having a problem)

·
Registered
219 Posts
Hate to say it but my first thought was seized caliper.

Again, pull it off and take the pads off, then use a brake tool (or a C-clamp if need be) and try to compress the piston back into the caliper, should go in with a limited amount of force, if she aint going then its for sure packed it in.

S

·
0 Posts
this happened to me before. my front brakes were not releasing... drove around a bit to get home and they were smoking up. Turns out the brake master cylinder went bad. I heard that it's are to have brake calipers seize up. Most of te time, it's a bad brake master cylinder. You can tell it's going bad when u press one the brake once and and u press it again and the brakes will engage at different points.

R

·
0 Posts
I just had this problem fixed a week ago. It was the master cylinder. It had deposits on the bottom of the cylinder stopping it from releasing the pressure. First I had it on the back. Messed with the brakes got'em running for a day and then it happened on the front. Anyway, go buy yourself a rebuild kit from a local parts store. Read the TSM. It's really very simple (and I'm not very mechanical). Replace your old brake fluid, bleed off lines and that should get you. Hope this helps you.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
wpgsupa said:
Hate to say it but my first thought was seized caliper.

Again, pull it off and take the pads off, then use a brake tool (or a C-clamp if need be) and try to compress the piston back into the caliper, should go in with a limited amount of force, if she aint going then its for sure packed it in.

ive already done that, and then it spun fine, but pressing the brake in again and it went back to how it was. ill check the master cylinder though hopefully i will find the problem soon, thanks for the replies

·
Registered
668 Posts
Im just not understanding the value of bumping a thread that is ....wait for it... 15 YEARS OLD

am I the only one that sees this kind of nonsense and just cringes ?

how about you need 10 posts to bump a thread that is 1 year old
20 posts to jump on a 2 year old thread

150 posts and you can bump a 15 year old thread

but nah, lets take new signups and bump ancient threads.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Im just not understanding the value of bumping a thread that is ....wait for it... 15 YEARS OLD

am I the only one that sees this kind of nonsense and just cringes ?

how about you need 10 posts to bump a thread that is 1 year old
20 posts to jump on a 2 year old thread

150 posts and you can bump a 15 year old thread

but nah, lets take new signups and bump ancient threads.
Forum revenue is generated by ads. Advertisers pay more for higher traffic sites.

It's not uncommon for forum owners to do things like re-activate long dormant accounts or spam forums with new members to give the appearance of higher traffic. Watch the ones that start a thread or bump an old ass thread only to disappear and never be seen again.

Or it could just be a generation of new owners that expect to be hand fed everything instead of using the tools available to find the 11 other threads on the same subject with multiple answers to the question at hand.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Forum revenue is generated by ads. Advertisers pay more for higher traffic sites.

It's not uncommon for forum owners to do things like re-activate long dormant accounts or spam forums with new members to give the appearance of higher traffic. Watch the ones that start a thread or bump an old ass thread only to disappear and never be seen again.

Or it could just be a generation of new owners that expect to be hand fed everything instead of using the tools available to find the 11 other threads on the same subject with multiple answers to the question at hand.
Actually I looked through 475 different post till I found something similar to my problem and asked a question thanks though obviously you forum guys are really helpful

·
Registered
1 Posts
[QUOTE = "Kracin ، المنشور: 1676468 ، العضو: 34703"]
أي شخص آخر لديه مشكلة مع الفرامل الشائكة وعدم الإفراج؟ لا يمكنك استخدام الفرجار عليه؟ ما الذي أبحث عنه هنا؟ الفرجار المكسور؟ خط الفرامل؟ مساعدتي إذا كان لديك هذه المشكلة أو معرفة ذلك من فضلك!
  • [/ اقتبس]î I

1 - 12 of 12 Posts