Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
THE NOTORIOUS BHP
4,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just completed my removal of the ABS system and I am having problems finding the needed fittings in Japanese/metric thread. They are 3/16th lines I am using to run the custom rounting. I wantd to add a proportioning valve just in case its needed but the only valves I can find so far use standard thread. Anyone know a good source for metric thread fittings such as unions or 1 into 2 brass block splitters? I need to find splitters and fittings for the proportioning valve.

·
THE NOTORIOUS BHP
4,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bumps? Man I wish this was a Hot Rod thread LOL
I know those guys would probably know the answer.

·
Registered
75 Posts
The tee fittings that you need can be ordered from Toyota. They are a stock part on a 95 Corolla. Tell the dealer that you need the brake line tee that mount to the brake booster in the Corolla.

Earl's also sells the rest of the fittings, They are M10x1.0.

·
THE NOTORIOUS BHP
4,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I figured I Probably wouldn't need one but then again they be cheap and if I found out later that I wanted to tweak it a little I would have to open the lines again to put one on. I might just put one on to begin with just in case.
Larry, if you have the fitting I'll order them from ya :) I know I wil be calling around to see who stocks them tomorrow. Ive reached that annual 'Overnight Everything' stage of the game to finish this car up!

·
THE NOTORIOUS BHP
4,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
V10This said:
The tee fittings that you need can be ordered from Toyota. They are a stock part on a 95 Corolla. Tell the dealer that you need the brake line tee that mount to the brake booster in the Corolla.

Ahhhh crap! If I would have known that I could have had Curt throw some of them into the box he overnighted to us :rolleyes:

·
ur moms favourite
1,405 Posts
let us know how this ends up Raretoy, how it brakes etc... pics would be nice :biggrin:

Gene

·
THE NOTORIOUS BHP
4,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
gmacrae said:
let us know how this ends up Raretoy, how it brakes etc... pics would be nice :biggrin:

Gene

Will do... in fact I will list parts numbers for everything to save the next guy all the searching. I have yet to find someone selling the metric to standard adaptors so I may be forced to skip the idea of mounting a proportioning valve. Doubt I will need it but seems everything else on the car can be fine tuned, why not the brakes :) I mean its there if ya need it.

·
THE NOTORIOUS BHP
4,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
V10This said:

Thanks man! Got the fittings today from Curt and they are perfect, they even come with built in hangers. ( Im luvin it )

·
Super Moderator
46,551 Posts
Raretoy said:
Yeah I figured I Probably wouldn't need one but then again they be cheap and if I found out later that I wanted to tweak it a little I would have to open the lines again to put one on. I might just put one on to begin with just in case.
Larry, if you have the fitting I'll order them from ya :) I know I wil be calling around to see who stocks them tomorrow. Ive reached that annual 'Overnight Everything' stage of the game to finish this car up!

:scratch: did they work ?

·
THE NOTORIOUS BHP
4,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They worked perfectly ! Thanks Curt!

·
Registered
125 Posts
just bringing this one back up cause I'd like to remove my ABS also and haven't seen any write up's on how to do this and what hardware is needed. Any info would kick ass

1 - 13 of 13 Posts