Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched and couldnt find anything. I am looking for 60-0, 70-0 or 80-0 braking times for a N/A MK4. TT's have a claimed of 125 feet at 60-0, but its more like 115ft, wondering how much worse the NA is.

·
Now...Whitesupra94
3,284 Posts
i believe one of the mags tested a TT from 60-0 at 109 feet. For a while they were the best brakes car and driver or some mag tested i think.

NA's are probably around 140 would be a guestimate

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually, I read something a little while back that said something about the NA being able to stop faster than the TT. I'll try to find it.

Ryan

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
rwsupra.com said:
Actually, I read something a little while back that said something about the NA being able to stop faster than the TT. I'll try to find it.

Ryan
Joke right? The laws of physics still work fortunately.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
what year TT are we talking? cos didnt early TT's have smaller brakes (similar to the NA) or sumthing???

·
blur2ed.com
829 Posts
nope...
TT brakes need 17 inch wheels or bigger,
NA brakes need 16 inch wheels or bigger...
always, from 1993 to 1998, TT always had da bigguns....thats why i have them on my car.
Love em.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
yes ! I am sure my foot was to the ground and i didn't make the turn. If I had supra TT brakes i would have been guaranteed that turn

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Stopping distance has a lot to do with how you use the brakes. You don't need to put it to the ground all the time. Also, if you don't use high quality brake fluid, that can change how well the brakes work. I've got Castrol DOT 5 in mine and it feels so much better than the DOT 3 that was in there from the factory.

Ryan

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Well the matter of the fact was that there was not enough gripping force. I had no tire squeel and no abs till like around 40 mph it was weak sauce. Dot 5 is cool but I heard that if you get any water in your brake system you are fubarred.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts