Supra Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For a set of brand new drag radials....do you have to use them for a certain miles to get the optimum traction? Or, is it ok for me to just go to the track, swap out to my dr's, do a burnout, and start racing? Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
904 Posts
PsyKotiC RydeR said:
For a set of brand new drag radials....do you have to use them for a certain miles to get the optimum traction? Or, is it ok for me to just go to the track, swap out to my dr's, do a burnout, and start racing? Thanks.
Break in period? :wtflol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,914 Posts
Uh, one of the advantages of running drag radials is you drive to the track on them and save the double tire change for home! Dont have to carry them there either. I drive 90 miles each way on mine.

And if regular radials need heat cycled - which they do - then drag radials need heat cycled too! For the tire's sake, not necessarily for traction.

Al
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,432 Posts
I'm not positive it's there anymore, but the BFG website used to explain a necessary heat cycle for the BFG drag radials. It stated to do a burnout with the new tires to get them up to operating temperature then to unmount the wheels and allow the tires to cool not resting on the tread for a period of 24 hours. This isn't my advice, it was or is BFG's. I've always followed it.


John H
 

·
its a slow auto...
Joined
·
3,362 Posts
SpoolnV8 said:
sitting in some water he will be fine ;)
sure he will, but his clutch and brakes will not like him very much if he does it often..ps, you dont do burnouts in the water box :dunno: you do them right after it... it would be kinda self defeating to do it in a puddle of water..


jay
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
What's the difference between doing a burnout in first gear or 2nd gear?

M Miller- I belive I have the same clutch setup as you. HPF feramic, stock FW, and yellow ACT PP. I'm only BPU+ though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,392 Posts
PsyKotiC RydeR said:
What's the difference between doing a burnout in first gear or 2nd gear?

M Miller- I belive I have the same clutch setup as you. HPF feramic, stock FW, and yellow ACT PP. I'm only BPU+ though.


You will get the tires heated more quickly... That is correct, I did most of the R+D for the feramic clutch... I tried everything with this clutch. I highly recommend a line-lock(titans)... You run the risk of siezing the disk in the burnout box or during the launch. I'm glad to see someone bpu trying this clutch out. I would imagine a long life expectancy. Good luck


Matt
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for taking your time to make out the post for me.:)

School's going to be done within 2 week and I'll find out for sure then.
M Miller said:
You will get the tires heated more quickly... That is correct, I did most of the R+D for the feramic clutch... I tried everything with this clutch. I highly recommend a line-lock(titans)... You run the risk of siezing the disk in the burnout box or during the launch. I'm glad to see someone bpu trying this clutch out. I would imagine a long life expectancy. Good luck


Matt
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top