Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to forum, what is the break in requirements for the new Supra’s?
Salesperson never mentioned
How many miles, nor rpm limits
For proper break in.

·
iSPOOL
1,400 Posts
Well what does your owners manual say?

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Just like any other car. Do some short WOT blasts once it's warm, but don't let it go to redline at first. Some decel also. Probably best to break it in with one session about 100 miles, rather than short trips.

Al

·
Boost Junkie
12,614 Posts
I wouldn't wait 10K miles.

Steve

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So, no one knows the answer to my question? 🤔 Toyota techs are clueless
On this motor (quite honestly, I wouldn’t have the work on my lawnmower!) I guess I’ll have to
Go to a BMW dealership,maybe they
Might know 😜

·
iSPOOL
1,400 Posts
So, no one knows the answer to my question? 🤔 Toyota techs are clueless
On this motor (quite honestly, I wouldn’t have the work on my lawnmower!) I guess I’ll have to
Go to a BMW dealership,maybe they
Might know 😜
Is this on page 280 the owners manual you have?

Reactions: MK3Brent

·
Registered
506 Posts
So, no one knows the answer to my question?
Multiple people have already told you. Just break it in like any other engine. Get it to operating temperature, and get on it, gradually going higher and higher into the RPMs. You need to do WOT pulls to get the rings to bed. Do an oil change and replace the filter after. Done.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Us Toyota techs aren’t clueless. We don’t give a shit about your bmw.
Depends on where you're at. Our local Toyota dealership will never touch my car, and for damn good reason. Not much Toyota left to it, for what that matters, but more importantly, when you know the guys turning wrenches down there... sometimes you know better. :p

And I so want, now that the OP's question has been answered, to point out that they don't need to worry, the car will let them know when it's broken. I jest, as mine is in pieces at the moment.

OP, what color / spec did you go with? Any pictures you particularly like of your car?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My previous sports car was a ZO6,but a comparison would be like comparing apples to bananas, I purchased white one, I’d prefer red, but they don’t make
Red in the 2021 model.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I joined this forum for info, not for sarcastic BS about “ it’s a BNW”! , don’t give a shit if it’s made in Germany or japan !

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
If you don’t like “bmw” comments your on the wrong forum.

Reactions: MK3Brent

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I joined this forum for info, not for sarcastic BS about “ it’s a BNW”! , don’t give a shit if it’s made in Germany or japan
If you don’t like “bmw” comments your on the wrong forum.
i can see that, bmw, Toyota, truly don’t care, I’m just using this forum to get facts about car and to disseminate
Any type of mods, I.e. intake,exhaust,&
Tunes.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
My previous sports car was a ZO6,but a comparison would be like comparing apples to bananas, I purchased white one, I’d prefer red, but they don’t make
Red in the 2021 model.
I worked on a red 21 yesterday. Where did you get your info from?

Reactions: Piratetip
1 - 20 of 21 Posts