Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just put a new Arizona clutch in yesterday. Since then I have put on 190 miles.....Since I had to go to Tampa today (from Orlando) about 120 of the miles were highway. I haven't brought the engine RPMs over 3500.
Anyways.....my question is.....do the highway miles help with the breakin or should I not count these miles? I would assume they don't really count since I'm not engaging and disengaging the clutch. I plan on breaking in the clutch for about 400 miles. Is this about right?
Thanks ahead of time.

·
Got Juice?
468 Posts
HWY miles shouldn't count. To be safe i'd go 1000 CITY Miles. I had the RPS Stage 3 w/light. flywheel and I did just that. The clutch feels great...let me know about your new setup.

·
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply. I think I will play it safe and go 1000 miles. But what exactly does "break it in" mean. Does this mean don't do any hard drag launches or don't red line and shift hard or both?

hey....did you ever get your fuel put in at Titan? What else have you done since you got your VPC at Titan?

·
Ex-MKIV TT OWNER
92 Posts
I drove 1K miles (nothing over 4K rpm) with my RPS stage III w/ lightened flywheel.
The first 500 miles were rough, but other than a little chatter and being a bit "grabby", the clutch seems to be working great.

what exactly does "break it in" mean. Does this mean don't do any hard drag launches or don't red line and shift hard or both?
...BOTH!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts