Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay so i finally got everything put back together last night and when i started it up it idled great. now though when i stomp the gas down it just wants to shut down but if i let off quick before it stalls it'll just come back up to idle. if i ease on the gas very slowly i can get it to rev up to about 1800 but then it starts breaking up and falls off to a stall. you can hear it start crackling like its breaking up too. any ideas? as always any help is greatly appreciated. i just wanna drive my supra :tear:

·
Banned
4,966 Posts
Check engine light? Check your sparkplugs and connections.

TPS might be out of adjustment or your AFM might be going to shit.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
but i dont think those would have anything to do with my problem. i know my water temp sensor is good and that wouldnt be affecting how it runs. the other one, momentary loss in power to ecu may be it but im not sure. maybe a bad engine ground?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
this just came to mind also. my bypass valve hose was ripped so i took it off but didnt have a chance to replace it yet. when i started the car to see if my manifold leak was fixed it it wasnt there so maybe its getting too much air at idle and when i hit the gas its so lean it just wants to shut off?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i checked for all other leaks yesterday with a propane wand and its not leaking anywhere else. i spent a few hours looking for every line. theres just that one nipple on the side of the upper manifold, but when i plug it with my finger it still acts the same way.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
okay now i can get it to rev up but its missing like woah and under load is not too happy. i did get it to crawl on the street for the first time though :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts