Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so my car has been losing some oil (no visible leak or smoke though) and also getting kinda crappy fuel economy. took it to my mechanic and he did a dye test, after driving it for a while, took and back and he used a black light to see any leaks.

so the verdict is, there is some hose coming off the valve covers (and goes back behind the alternator) that is leaking. he said it looks like a breather hose for the valve covers. he called the dealer, they said they dont make the hose anymore.
so anyone know exactly what hose this is? where can i get a replacement one?
thanx

·
yeah thats me!
2,570 Posts

thts the one... like 29$ from the dealer

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok yea its the one at the bottom of the picture (12263), thanx

thats weird, i was told dealer doesnt have them. any other places u know of that have them? or just check w/ the dealer again?

·
yeah thats me!
2,570 Posts
I wen tto the dealer thursday and told them I wanted one, they said they dont have it in stock, but would order me one for 30$, i was like fuct that, but I think im going to go back and buy it.... there are no alternatives

·
Broke Supra Addicted Fool
767 Posts
Go to www.supras.com and look on their website for a place called Jay Marks Toyota. He sells Toyota OEM parts at a discounted price to people with supras. He can get almost anything you need, is very knowledgeable, and has THE cheapest prices for parts.

·
yeah thats me!
2,570 Posts
I think jay marks is now champion Toyota.... and when i ordered stuff from them it took a while sometimes, and others came in days.. I think its just where their supliers are... but yes they do have great prices also check out www.thepartsbin.com

·
I live in a giant bucket.
1,237 Posts
alternatively, you can go to a place such as an aircraft supply store, and buy 7/8" OIL hose, and it won't leak or seep and is MUCH cheaper.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts