Supra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Bad Texan Boy
4,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if you guys ever had an experience with Brembo brake discs (stock style)? It cost about $80 cheaper than stock and I wanna know if it is good since Brembo is hot and popular. Also, I wanna know if it can use stock pads and calipers.

Right now, two of my brake discs are crossed and other two are stock, it was like that when I bought a Supra.. I just want to have all new brake discs at same time.

http://www.nopionline.com/nopistore...vmakeid=420&vL1id=0&&vtitle=TOYOTA Supra 1996

·
Super Moderator
10,804 Posts
If you're not going to get the Brembo cast iron discs with the chamfered, cross-drilled holes machined in (the kind that come with the Gran Turismo and up kits) or slotted only, you're better off with the stock discs. I believe the OEM discs to be superior to the Brembo OEM replacement discs, and there's a reason why the Brembo OEM replacements are less expensive than the Toyotas. For your application, and almost everyone else's, stock is best.

Ken.

·
RSP fetish #23 GTR driver
518 Posts
I was always curious about Brembo rotors too.
It's a pity that Brembo Gran Turismo kit (brakes plus rotors) will not work with stock polished wheels.
Btw, stock cross-drilled brake system on my M3 competition is far superior to Supra stock brakes. I would love to have this kind of brake system on my hardtop.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts