Supra Forums banner

Brembo slotted and Drilled vented Rotors advice

834 views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  CSS 
#1 ·
I just bought and am going to install these rotors this week. What experiences have you'll had with these rotors? I have heard good and bad.

G
#2 ·
You want the real low-down on rotors?

Cheap drilled or slotted rotors crack because they are drilled/slotted after the rotors are cast.

If the holes or slots are put into the rotor when they are cast, they will not create weak spots, and will last the same as solid rotors. (ie, the big brembo/ap/baer etc rotors)

Just because your buying 'brembo' crossdrilled/slotted rotors, doesnt mean you will get the good rotors (drilled or slotted while being cast). Many shops buy solid brembo rotors, drill or slot them in their machine shop, and then sell them as drilled/slotted brembo's.

Having said that, for a street car, you will not abuse the rotors the same as somone who road races alot (no, i dont mean open track events once a month) and you will get no performance increase on the street by upgrading your rotors (even if you upgrade to a big 14" brembo kit, for the street, you wont get ANY improvement). But if its just for the street, and you want the look, then go for the cheap drilled/slotted rotors.. you wont do any harm.

Hope people who spent alot on a brake upgrade arent offended, just stating the facts.

-mike

G
#5 ·
CSS said:
I know this is a little off topic but would 13" brembo brakes fit behind the stock supra wheels??

thanks in advance,
chad
Rotor size isnt the problem, its the caliper you use on top of the rotor that can have the clearance problem.

If you use a big racing 6 piston type front caliper, im not sure if they will fit behind the stock wheels. Do you have an idea which caliper you would be using, or that comes in the kit?

Also, if your using stock wheels/tire sizes you probably wont be able to get enough grip to overcome the stock brakes, even at the track, unless your running slicks. If your experiencing brake fade might want to bleed/flush your fluid or work on your technique... :)

-mike

G
#8 ·
Thanks the info guys.

fleadh- I was planning on going with the full 13" brembo kit in front and KVR rotors in the rear.

V8THIS- Do you think the brembo calipers would clear the stock rims?

Thanks again,
chad

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.