Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title states the Brian crower cams any one running them and did you upgrade your valve train?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Depends on which you order 264 cam doesnt need the bells and whistles , but if you have the money you might as well do your valves and what not , other than that they have 272 and 276 which require your valve train to be built with better quality parts and from what the b.c. Site says fully built motor, make sure you put your bearing caps back in order, all intake caps on one side front of motor starting as 1 through 7 same for exhaust caps ( everything should be punched with labelling the part, iam not sure about the bc stuff if it is labelled or not)

·
i recorded mark7m001.mp3
2,109 Posts
I'm running the Brian crower GE-specific 272's. Also did BC valve springs and titanium retainers, Gates T215RB timing belt, reshimmed where needed, and PHR billet tensioner bracket all at once.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I recently acquired a 2001 IS300. Whqt you've done to your is almost exactly what I'm planning. I was wondering if you have any horsepower numbers? Did the sound change significantly with the cams? I was thinking about bigger injectors to compliment the cam. Opinions on that?

·
i recorded mark7m001.mp3
2,109 Posts
The sound changed significantly with the cams. There's no sneaking around with this car at all, if you know what you're listening to, at idle it's very obvious that "something is up"

You'd surely have to put larger fuel injectors depending on your horsepower goals. I'm very happy with them, though cam choices for NA non-vvti GE's are few and far between.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Mine didnt really add much lope to the idle if any, it hunts a bit but thats because the injectors are huge. If i put factory injectors in you probably couldnt tell

·
Registered
806 Posts
I have 264 cams on my 1j head they are drop in I had a mild head port, you can hear the cam burble in the exhaust. I'm very happy with the cams.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts