Supra Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up with supraforums members these days? Second bad deal I've had recently. Anyway, I think the PM's below speak for themselves but in short, brianmoss69 advertised mint 32k mile valve covers for $200. I asked for pics, he's says no need they're mint I have good feedback, blah blah blah. Unfortunately I took his word for it. Paid his asking price, what did I get? Badly oxidized, filthy dirty valve covers that look like they came from a 200k miles car that was pulled from a lake:

brianmoss69 said:
cvc9216 said:
brianmoss69 said:
cvc9216 said:
brianmoss69 said:
cvc9216 said:
brianmoss69 said:
cvc9216 said:
brianmoss69 said:
cvc9216 said:
brianmoss69 said:
cvc9216 said:
there stock valve covers? condition is 99% perfect. a little grease on them but thats it. look at my seller rating i oonly sell quality stuff so feel safe buying from me.
still got them? take $215 shipped to 20715?
YES [email protected] is my paypal
just sent payment. let me know when you get them shipped out thanks

SENT OUT VIA UPS TRACKING NUMBER IS 1Z6947E60391230809
man wtf, I got the valve covers today. 99% perfect??? 32k miles??? they look like they came from a 150k mi. car that never had an oil change. Not only that, they are oxidized BADLY and the finish is fucked. I can't even use these without getting them cleaned, then polished or powdercoated. You lied to me I would never have bought these knowing they were in this condition
they sat it a box on the shelf for the last 2 years wash them off and yes they did come off a 32k mile car seriously dude elbo grease and some soap. if you want send them back and i will have them hot tanked for you.
Bullshit. Sitting in a box doesn't cause engine parts to become caked with burnt oil. You could buy a new car, and drive it for 32k miles without changing the oil at all and they wouldn't look this bad. These were off a motor that was leaking oil for a LONG time. Either someone lied to you or you're lying to me. I don't think I need to but if you want I will take some pictures and show you how shitty these are. How about you refund me $50 and I'll get them cleaned and powdercoated, or you can refund my money and return shipping and I'll send them back to you.
dont cuss at me . like i said if you want ship them back to me i will have them hot tanked for FREE and send them back to you if you are that up set about it. choose your words wisely other people are not as kind as me.
Don't cuss at you??? Don't rip me off. As kind as you huh? Kind enough to lie to me and misrepresent some junk you have for sale? I made the mistake of trusting your feedback rating. You said I don't need pictures because there is nothing to see, they're "99% mint". bullshit. I'm not paying to ship these back to you to be hot tanked. Hot tanking won't even fix these, they need to be sanded and powdercoated or painted. Here are some pics since you pretend not to know what I'm talking about. See the bubbling and chipping finish where my finger is? That's how they are all over. and the excessive caked up oil and grease all over? Do the right thing and either refund $50 so I can get these fixed (that's not even enough to cover it, I'm being kind enough to pay the other $75 or so it's going to cost all said and done with powdercoating), or refund my money and I'll ship them back to you

im not paying you to have them customized or what ever you want to do to them. my only offer is i will hot tank them for you at MY COST and resend them to you at MY COST. if thats not good enough for you then im sorry.

·
Slingin pole
1,975 Posts
like i said i offered you to ship them back to me and i will have them hot tanked and shipped back at MY COST. as far as im considered im done with this matter you were exstreamly disrespectful and need to watch your mouth.

·
Registered
42 Posts
what did he say to be disrespectful? calling u a liar?

its obvious your lying about the condition and mileage of the part.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Like I said no amount of cleaning in the world is going to turn these into what you told me I was buying. I don't know about you but it upsets me when someone lies to me. The finish needs to be restored. I take pride in my engine bay and I want it to look good, I bought these because you said they were mint. Obviously you lied, do the right think and refund my money.

Lesson here kiddies? Get pics no matter what they say

·
Slingin pole
1,975 Posts
what did he say to be disrespectful? calling u a liar?

its obvious your lying about the condition and mileage of the part.
he edited his posts he told me to go fuck my self ect ect. i already offered to fix them for FREE. then he wanted me to pay for them to go get polished or powder coated. there is nothing mechanically wrong with the valve covers theres just grease stains on them from sitting with other parts for the last 2 years. and i will say it here for every one to see ship them to me and i will pay to get them cleaned and i will pay shipping back.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Man, I understand being upset but come on. All I can tell from the above pm's is that he's willing to work something out with you on his expense. On the other hand Brian, you should of posted pics brother. I'd just give the refund or your going to continue recieving disrespectful PM's, etc. If it's true that you advertised mint in your thread, then I could see why he's upset. He just should've handled it better.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Hey MALA, you all in sandstorm to....I hate iraq......

Anyway, there are 2 people at fault here

1) You paid with no pictures, maybe they are off a 32K car, oil on the bottom of the covers happens to all valve covers so bad cover up. Get some brak cleaner or hot tank them. Hell a polish job is $110, and theyll look sweet!

2) I can understand you want MINT but if you really want MINT then you should have gotten new ones. I bought some MINT ones once off a buddy for $200 and they chippe din the mail making them worthless! But it was my fault for no insurance but i didnt say "it was his fault for packing them wrong" I just was OUT

Just get them cleaned or your gona hate yourself and be mad about stupid stuff for no reason. Hell were in hard time right now in this world.......He offered to fix them so get them fixed, what more do you want? Ive been scammed for $1500 before and NEVER got anything......

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I should've handled it better? An oversight or mistake I'm fine with. Calling these "99% perfect" (not "mint", sorry). is a flat out lie. I'm expecting to get these and be able to throw them on my car. Not pay to send them back, wait to get them cleaned, then sent back to me. Then have to pay to get them sanded and powdercoated or something anyway because the finish is no good.

he edited his posts he told me to go fuck my self ect ect. i already offered to fix them for FREE. then he wanted me to pay for them to go get polished or powder coated. there is nothing mechanically wrong with the valve covers theres just grease stains on them from sitting with other parts for the last 2 years. and i will say it here for every one to see ship them to me and i will pay to get them cleaned and i will pay shipping back.
\

I want my money back. I'll say it again, cleaning these will not turn them into what you told me I was buying. they are oxidized badly and the finish is bubbling and flaking off. So then I will just have clean valve covers with ugly, no good finish. I put alot of work into my engine bay, the appearance of the valve covers is as important as the function

·
Slingin pole
1,975 Posts
Man, I understand being upset but come on. All I can tell from the above pm's is that he's willing to work something out with you on his expense. On the other hand Brian, you should of posted pics brother. I'd just give the refund or your going to continue recieving disrespectful PM's, etc. If it's true that you advertised mint in your thread, then I could see why he's upset. He just should've handled it better.
exactly... i told him im willing to work with him and he continued to cuss me out so i ended the conversation. they valve covers are 99% percent sound mechanically like i stated and if everybody will also look at our conversation you'll see where i told him about the grease. im a good member and always willing to help out a fellow member even if it means taking the shirt off of my back, but when you disrespect me my kindness ends there. now once again buyer if your not satisfied with your product please feel free to ship them back and i will clean them for free.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey MALA, you all in sandstorm to....I hate iraq......

Anyway, there are 2 people at fault here

1) You paid with no pictures, maybe they are off a 32K car, oil on the bottom of the covers happens to all valve covers so bad cover up. Get some brak cleaner or hot tank them. Hell a polish job is $110, and theyll look sweet!

2) I can understand you want MINT but if you really want MINT then you should have gotten new ones. I bought some MINT ones once off a buddy for $200 and they chippe din the mail making them worthless! But it was my fault for no insurance but i didnt say "it was his fault for packing them wrong" I just was OUT

Just get them cleaned or your gona hate yourself and be mad about stupid stuff for no reason. Hell were in hard time right now in this world.......He offered to fix them so get them fixed, what more do you want? Ive been scammed for $1500 before and NEVER got anything......
true, my mistake for not demanding a picture. I have polished valve covers now, I don't want to deal with the upkeep. If my only option was brand new, I would've done that. These were advertised as like new so I thought that's what I was getting. Guess what, if they chipped in shipping, not a big deal not really his fault. Lying to me is a different story

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
exactly... i told him im willing to work with him and he continued to cuss me out so i ended the conversation. they valve covers are 99% percent sound mechanically like i stated and if everybody will also look at our conversation you'll see where i told him about the grease. im a good member and always willing to help out a fellow member even if it means taking the shirt off of my back, but when you disrespect me my kindness ends there. now once again buyer if your not satisfied with your product please feel free to ship them back and i will clean them for free.
You disrespected me first buddy. Show me where you said "mechanically"

·
Slingin pole
1,975 Posts
You disrespected me first buddy. Show me where you said "mechanically"
i was nothing but polite to you. look up at the above conversation and you'll see. and for the final time i will clean them at my cost, which means free......please feel free to ship them back to me and i will personally see to it that they get hot tanked and cleaned properly. and as far as mechanically they are.....theres no cracks and there not warped so yes i was accurate.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
no, you said "99% perfect". which should mean perfect in all ways, not just that they're not cracked in half. You misrepresented what you were selling, that's pretty disrespectful. Show me any other 32k mile car with oil build up and oxidation like that

·
Slingin pole
1,975 Posts
please look at post 5 for reason of the grease. which was also told to you befor purchased (LOOK AT PM MESSAGE THAT WAS QUOTED BY YOU). your trying to make me look like a bad guy and its backfiring on you, i have done nothing but offered to help you on this thread and even in our pm's.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Honestly, being an outsider looking in and with just reading the info here, I would have to say that judging from those pictures, they are NOT 99% perfect. They are far from being 99% perfect in anyway.

At this point, I don't think the buyer's really complaining about the oil buildup and what not, rather he's more concerned about the exterior properties. I think the gesture of the seller to get them hot tanked is a good one and if the buyer was really concerned about the grease, he would have taken the offer. The point is, I think the buyer's just looking for a good looking set of valve covers to replace his, but is pissed, because he got something that was basically described as new.

Like one of the member mentioned, both parties are at fault really. If the seller's willing to refund the money, I'd suggest to just send them back at the buyer's cost and have the seller refund the money.

Hope it all works out for you guys.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
exactly. the grease, while telling about the history of the valve covers, I don't care about. I can get them hot tanked here for not much more than it would cost me to ship them back. the problem is, THEY WILL STILL LOOK LIKE CRAP. Now brianmoss69 is backtracking and trying to say he never said they were perfect looking, only mechanically. give me a break

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
please look at post 5 for reason of the grease. which was also told to you befor purchased (LOOK AT PM MESSAGE THAT WAS QUOTED BY YOU). your trying to make me look like a bad guy and its backfiring on you, i have done nothing but offered to help you on this thread and even in our pm's.
so your reasoning for why they look like crap is that they've been sitting under and bumping around with other greasy parts for years? Either way they're far from 99% perfect, right?

I'm not trying to make you look like a bad guy, I only made this post because you said in PMs that cleaning them is the only thing you're willing to do for me. Way to help me out buddy. How about you give me my money back. I've been selling stuff for a long long time and never had a problem like this with something I've sold. Why? because I accurately describe what I'm selling. If I sold these to someone with your description, I would expect them to be upset about it. Even if you only meant to say there's nothing mechanically wrong with them, I don't see why you can't grasp the fact them I want my valve covers to look good and they're not anywhere near what you said they were.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Op he agreed to hot tank them at his expense. that wasn't good enough for you, you figure. it needed alot more and refused to go that route. and on top of it you could have handled it better man. you're there huffing and puffing. that's not how you get problems solved. VC's are not a wear item, they do get dirty. u clean em then you move on

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I don't completely understand your post. So I'm upset that I didn't get what I paid for, and I'm wrong? Where did I call the seller names or throw personal insults? I called him a liar, that's because he lied to me. Then offered to clean them, which isn't even the problem. Once again, I don't care about the grease, I only mentioned it because it pretty much proves these have alot more than 32k miles on them.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
you guys are making me get out the good camera. Here you go so you can see what I mean. This is just one of many bubbling/oxidized spots:

32k miles?

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.