Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Administrator
8,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Not sure if anyone here was following the Baltic Blue supra on bring a trailer I was representing. But with only 2 days left in the listing an anonymous individual named @chrispsig contacted them as a friend of the original owner, made up a story about the car having a blown engine, completely covered in rust, etc. All completely made up and they bought it, deleted my account and ability to post on there. This is a company through which I generated over $15,000 in buyer fees for now banning me because an anonymous person made a bogus claim. Online slander is a real thing, so is group think.

Here are the screenshots from a new account I had to make on there just to defend myself (which was taken down)

My error was I listed the car as a one owner, which it is, but did not specify that IT had not been registered. I advised the person I was selling it for to list it as 2 owner or through a dealership to handle the transfer of ownership paperwork. I take ownership of that, my mistake.

I'm also posting this here for anyone who cares about 2 sides to a story.

Sorry if this bothers anyone.

I am not a person to take advantage of a situation, it makes no difference to me if the car is a one owner, 5 owner, 10 owner. This got so blown out of proportion and so much conjecture and peoples opinion injected into it its become something else at this point. I don't have a mechanism to deal with people badmouthing me that don't know me, don't know the entire situation, and feed on negative and toxic comments.

@BoostLee - a member here made an account to simply throw in his jab about me being a bully and taking my membership status as admin too seriously. I definitely am none of those things, maybe I am and I don't realize it or come across that way because he didn't like what I had to say to him but instead of talking to me about it aired his dirty laundry on there. Thats one of several examples. Everyone who actually knows me know I am not a bad person, I'm not a deceptive person, and that I do anything I can to help anyone out.

Its true you can do 100 good things, and people only remember the one bad thing. I just apologize as I never expected something like this to happen nor did I want this in the first place.

Everyone that chimed in positive comments thank you, I will remember that.

Matt

2019-08-28_1829.png
2019-08-28_1829_001.png
2019-08-28_1830.png
2019-08-28_1829.png 2019-08-28_1829_001.png 2019-08-28_1830.png

·
Registered
75 Posts
That's pretty messed up Matt...

·
Registered
75 Posts
How the whole deal went down was odd... I emailed Copart about actual fraud with docs backing it up and they didn't do anything... Then BaT bans on the word of random user. Glad you posted your side here at least. I know you personally and have bought cars from you, and they were represented for what they are. The people jumping on the fraud train don't have any real information.

Now a potential issue could be FastTurbo the name... A true fraudster named Moe A. uses your same handle on VinWIKI and possibly other sites. On VinWIKI I was alerted by another user he was trying to sell my former car again that he totaled, as being a clean title, 30,000 mile car. His auction was running on Copart this weekend... Not sure if one has to do with the other, but timing is suspect. You also personally rained on his parade the last time he tried to sell that same car.

·
Administrator
8,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its so fucked, just unreal how they handled that. Fine, I can't sell shit but to not let me defend myself?

Amazing.

·
10,117 Posts
Interesting coincidence, indeed. I am also glad Matt posted his version of events on here. It will take registering on here for most of the BaT members to see it so we can't expect much in that regard, but one can hope.

Ken.

·
Administrator
17,220 Posts
It's hard to even understand how that all went down. I was trying to post up a comment on the auction defending Matt and it wouldn't even take. Amazing how fast they move to ban...definitely gives new meaning to the old phrase "ready, fire, aim...". :(

·
Administrator
8,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, I mean atleast shut off comments, it's like they get their jollies hanging you out to dry.

·
Registered
853 Posts
I'm surprised BaT cared so much to ban you from the site. I have friends who have purchased cars on there and found that the car's condition was misrepresented.. BaT didn't seem to care at all.

I didn't read through the whole story about the title and ownership history, but from what I can understand, the original owner is not involved in the sale at all? If so, I can understand why BaT had to withdraw the auction because it was misrepresented. But banning you seems a little overboard.

·
Registered
9,569 Posts
Im going to be the asshole here. You tried to slip a 1 owner premium under the radar and got caught on the flip. Worth a ban, NO but that was their decision.

·
...pop the hood!
779 Posts
matt, is three a way to contact them by phone to clear things up?

surely you past positive feedback should count for something?

·
10,117 Posts
Im going to be the asshole here. You tried to slip a 1 owner premium under the radar and got caught on the flip. Worth a ban, NO but that was their decision.
Jason,

It's entirely possible I am not understanding your post, but the following is an excerpt from Matt's F/S thread on SF:

"Thanks for viewing my listing on this beautiful original Baltic Blue turbo Supra. This particular car was purchased
new here in CT and remained under the same owner from 1994 to 2019. I am selling the car for the owner but will handle the purchase
100% down to the shipping if you need it "

He never represented himself as the owner of the vehicle, but was selling the car "on behalf of" the owner so, if I understand your post correctly, and freely admit I may not, how can you slip or flip something you did not own and are working on behalf of the titled owner?

Ken.

·
Registered
9,569 Posts
Jason,

It's entirely possible I am not understanding your post, but the following is an excerpt from Matt's F/S thread on SF:

"Thanks for viewing my listing on this beautiful original Baltic Blue turbo Supra. This particular car was purchased
new here in CT and remained under the same owner from 1994 to 2019. I am selling the car for the owner but will handle the purchase
100% down to the shipping if you need it "

He never represented himself as the owner of the vehicle, but was selling the car "on behalf of" the owner so, if I understand your post correctly, and freely admit I may not, how can you slip or flip something you did not own and are working on behalf of the titled owner?

Ken.
Ken,
I never saw an ad here I was just going off this "My error was I listed the car as a one owner, which it is, but did not specify that I had not registered it. I take ownership of that, my mistake."

If im wrong, I will admit it but it seems as if the car was a flip to me.

Jason

·
Very Senior Member
9,888 Posts
Ken,
I never saw an ad here I was just going off this "My error was I listed the car as a one owner, which it is, but did not specify that I had not registered it. I take ownership of that, my mistake."

If im wrong, I will admit it but it seems as if the car was a flip to me.

Jason
Well, you are wrong.

·
Administrator
8,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No ones ever denied you're an asshole at times Jason lol. The issue is I tried resolving the listing by selling the car through a dealer license which bringatrailer was good with in the past and they instructed me to do on other listings. Have I ever brokered cars? Definitely, that's no secret unless you've lived under a rock. I'm not saying I wasn't partially wrong either, I take ownership of that. Ban me, that's fine but atleast let me defend myself.

·
Administrator
8,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm surprised BaT cared so much to ban you from the site. I have friends who have purchased cars on there and found that the car's condition was misrepresented.. BaT didn't seem to care at all.

I didn't read through the whole story about the title and ownership history, but from what I can understand, the original owner is not involved in the sale at all? If so, I can understand why BaT had to withdraw the auction because it was misrepresented. But banning you seems a little overboard.
Yeah, I wanted to sell under dealer for this reason so the car would maintain single ownership. Also let's not pretend there arent 100 other cars listed on bringatrailer where the same scenario is occurring under the radar. Not saying what I did was right, it wasn't, but everyone acts like their noses are clean when they definitely are not.

·
Registered
291 Posts
This is just disgusting. Another miserable ass person that probably can't afford the car, making up stories. Ive dealt with Matt (FastTurbo) were he brokered the exact same deal as the Baltic Supra he's selling. He was selling the car on behalf of a friend. He was straight forward about the whole transaction and never tried to hide anything about the car. Thats to bad BAT took the word of some loser.

George

·
Administrator
8,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks George, same deal as Sean's car. He was leaving the country and needed to sell luckily you ended up with it.

·
Administrator
8,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I really just want to put this experience on bring a trailer behind me now so I've gone back and forth with keeping the thread up but at the advice of someone else I undeleted it since they said it looks like I have something to hide, I do not.

·
Administrator
8,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
matt, is three a way to contact them by phone to clear things up?

surely you past positive feedback should count for something?
I reached out to the Bring A Trailer manager I've dealt with in the past to talk over the phone as I feel sometimes text on a screen is not always interpreted as intended. I will update if that option becomes available.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Matt,

I did not create an account to throw jabs, been a member there for over a year. I asked a simple but very valid question of: "Beautiful car! Did you buy the car new or selling on behalf of the original owner?" I did not receive a reply, but someone else had to ask and you finally replied to them.

We are confused by the wording. Are you really in contact with the original owner and selling on his/her behalf? Or did you buy the car, not register, and selling? Let's just clear this up. We don't care if you're flipping it, but just be honest about it. People really cherish a true one owner car.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
About this Discussion
43 Replies
16 Participants
SupraPilot
Supra Forums
Supra Forums is the largest online Toyota Supra MKI, MKII, MKIII, MKIV and MKV owner's club community. Discuss DIY, modifications, and upgrades.
Full Forum Listing