Supra Forums banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Hardtopper
2,468 Posts
I'm surprised BaT cared so much to ban you from the site. I have friends who have purchased cars on there and found that the car's condition was misrepresented.. BaT didn't seem to care at all.

Exactly.. An acquaintance of mine recently got royally screwed over on a horrendously misrepresented E39 540i Touring. It was a nightmare situation; seller/dealer was a worthless scumbag in every sense and BaT did essentially nothing. Being on the periphery of that experience really soured my opinion of BaT --- seems eBay has more robust buyer protection..

·
Administrator
8,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I didnt see you ask the question just as I told you over PM. When I submitted the car to bring a trailer I specifically told them I was selling for the owner of the car. Did he register it no, just like anyone else intending to sell the car it would have been a shame to add another owner to it. Let's not pretend you didn't do the same thing.

I fucked up and represented the car for someone that was not the best way. I agree...I'm thoroughly paying for that through vicious comments and bullshit being said that isnt true. This story is more complex that just that however and your comments about me were completely retaliatory. I get it, I made a comment similar to yours here in a thread of yours. You made a comment on a site I'm blocked on and cannot answer to, the negativity has spread like a cancer on there. The loudest voices often are those guilty of the same misgivings in live. I own up to my mistakes, I do my best every day to be a good person, follow the rules in life, live with meaning. Help others, and I fucking got served a knuckle ball. Shit happens, you said what you said out of anger towards me, I get it. Your a good person tho, i appreciate your PM and wish you nothing but the best in life.

Matt

·
Administrator
8,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Exactly.. An acquaintance of mine recently got royally screwed over on a horrendously misrepresented E39 540i Touring. It was a nightmare situation; seller/dealer was a worthless scumbag in every sense and BaT did essentially nothing. Being on the periphery of that experience really soured my opinion of BaT --- seems eBay has more robust buyer protection..
Bringatrailer at the end of the day cares about bringatrailer, there are great auction reps on there I've come to know. Solid car people, but they make mistakes and unfortunately here there are two sides to the coin and when the house rules, the house wins.

It's fine, block me from selling. But silence be when obvious sabotage occured is another issue completely about a company that cares about so called transparency.

·
500hp+
475 Posts
Matt, sorry to hear about this situation. You are truly an upstanding person and from my experiences have represented things to there fullest without deception. Hopefully you can get the issue resolved in a timely manner.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I didnt see you ask the question just as I told you over PM. When I submitted the car to bring a trailer I specifically told them I was selling for the owner of the car. Did he register it no, just like anyone else intending to sell the car it would have been a shame to add another owner to it. Let's not pretend you didn't do the same thing.

I fucked up and represented the car for someone that was not the best way. I agree...I'm thoroughly paying for that through vicious comments and bullshit being said that isnt true. This story is more complex that just that however and your comments about me were completely retaliatory. I get it, I made a comment similar to yours here in a thread of yours. You made a comment on a site I'm blocked on and cannot answer to, the negativity has spread like a cancer on there. The loudest voices often are those guilty of the same misgivings in live. I own up to my mistakes, I do my best every day to be a good person, follow the rules in life, live with meaning. Help others, and I fucking got served a knuckle ball. Shit happens, you said what you said out of anger towards me, I get it. Your a good person tho, i appreciate your PM and wish you nothing but the best in life.

Matt

Ok, no need to play victim. I was simply just trying to get to the end of this, as you and everyone else wants to as well. I'm sure you're a great guy but you knew what you were doing here by trying to sell a car your friend just bought and naming it a one owner car. Your definition of one owner is different than most apparently. Anyways, this is between you, BaT, and potential buyers. Carry on...

·
Administrator
8,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Ok, no need to play victim. I was simply just trying to get to the end of this, as you and everyone else wants to as well. I'm sure you're a great guy but you knew what you were doing here by trying to sell a car your friend just bought and naming it a one owner car. Your definition of one owner is different than most apparently. Anyways, this is between you, BaT, and potential buyers. Carry on...
Not playing victim whatsoever. You dont know the entire story so why do you insist on chiming in about something you have only partial knowledge of? Let it go.

·
Administrator
8,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Matt, sorry to hear about this situation. You are truly an upstanding person and from my experiences have represented things to there fullest without deception. Hopefully you can get the issue resolved in a timely manner.
Thanks Justin, you are a good person and glad we met. Cant wait until both my cars are ready for The NE meet this year.

·
Registered
183 Posts
"I'm thoroughly paying for that through vicious comments", "I do my best every day to be a good person, follow the rules in life, live with meaning." Sounds like victim on the stand to me.

So the story you shared in a private message was not the whole story? Lol I think others want the explanation. Not sure why you're withholding the whole story in your thread for redemption.

·
Administrator
8,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Correct, I did not share the entire story with a stranger [boost lee] who is motherfucking me on a website I cannot post on. Switch roles, after I mother fucked you are you going to share with me?

·
iSPOOL
798 Posts
"I'm thoroughly paying for that through vicious comments", "I do my best every day to be a good person, follow the rules in life, live with meaning." Sounds like victim on the stand to me.

So the story you shared in a private message was not the whole story? Lol I think others want the explanation. Not sure why you're withholding the whole story in your thread for redemption.
Lacking the full story, but it sounds like he owned up to his mistake which isn't playing the victim.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Correct, I did not share the entire story with a stranger [boost lee] who is motherfucking me on a website I cannot post on. Switch roles, after I mother fucked you are you going to share with me?
There's the FasTTurbo I know! Not so nice, see. I really hope you don't think my little comment is ruining your precious reputation. I will delete it as it's hurting so much. The first dude that exposed the car you should be mad at. You know my comment was nothing but the truth, from my experience with you.

·
Administrator
8,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
No one exposed the car, the car is fine. I would trade any car I own for it, its immaculate. The fastturbo you know? Come on man you're better than that.

Precious reputation? That comment right there shows your colors. I'm sorry I made a comment about you misrepresenting a car you were selling and it affected your sale, I deserve it, but for you to continually try to make a point I'm some kind of angry, ban hungry, admin monster could not be further from the truth.

Wish you all the best but leave me out of it.

·
Administrator
8,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Lacking the full story, but it sounds like he owned up to his mistake which isn't playing the victim.
Long story short the previous owner of the car had his friend sabotage the sale of the car because the person whom I'm selling it for decided not to keep it 6 months later.
He said the car had a blown engine, said it had rust all over it, smoked etc. This car is none of those things, perfect compression and leakdown and the photos speak for itself, the car is virtually rust free.

If I sold a car tomorrow for 50k and that guy sells it for 60k a week later, good for him. I'm happy. I got my money and he got his. People in the supra world and the collector car world do this all the time. It's not a secret, guys hate car flippers, I get it.

·
iSPOOL
798 Posts
Ah f*ck em dude. It burns for the moment but you get to a certain point it doesn't matter anymore. It sucks for people to try to assasinate your character but in the end you have little to prove to them. The person that sabatoged the sale seems to have issues if they falsely reported items to that extent.

·
Administrator
8,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Ah f*ck em dude. It burns for the moment but you get to a certain point it doesn't matter anymore. It sucks for people to try to assasinate your character but in the end you have little to prove to them. The person that sabatoged the sale seems to have issues if they falsely reported items to that extent.
Yeah I get it, everyone has a knee jerk reaction and generally the people on there with the loudest voice are seldom those who actually purchase or bid on cars. I've had alot of positive feedback from people but its all good. Thanks,

·
handy with the steel
331 Posts
simply throw in his jab about me being a bully and taking my membership status as admin too seriously.
Well you're definitely a bully...downright MEAN to the poor MKV. :LOL:

Having gone through a very shady experience when I bought my MKIV myself, I can certainly understand BAT's desire to make sure everything is on the up and up. Titling issues can turn into an absolute nightmare, with very little recourse available to the aggrieved, possibly ending up with some liability to BAT if it gets bad enough. Having said that, it sure sounds like they're making a tempest in a teacup here.

Sorry to hear about your troubles, and FWIW I've always appreciated your insight on the odd technical questions I sometimes post.

·
Very Senior Member
9,887 Posts
Bringatrailer at the end of the day cares about bringatrailer, there are great auction reps on there I've come to know. Solid car people, but they make mistakes and unfortunately here there are two sides to the coin and when the house rules, the house wins.

It's fine, block me from selling. But silence be when obvious sabotage occured is another issue completely about a company that cares about so called transparency.
Matt - I tried to post a comment there to encourage BAT to post your side via comments but they did not even show my post. Sad state of affairs there.

·
Administrator
8,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #38 (Edited)
Yeah for some reason they are actively moderating the thread and a few friends are having trouble posting. It's so brutal and blown out of proportion...I'm just checked out at this point.

·
Administrator
8,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Well you're definitely a bully...downright MEAN to the poor MKV. :LOL:

Having gone through a very shady experience when I bought my MKIV myself, I can certainly understand BAT's desire to make sure everything is on the up and up. Titling issues can turn into an absolute nightmare, with very little recourse available to the aggrieved, possibly ending up with some liability to BAT if it gets bad enough. Having said that, it sure sounds like they're making a tempest in a teacup here.

Sorry to hear about your troubles, and FWIW I've always appreciated your insight on the odd technical questions I sometimes post.
Yeah theres no titling issue, theres no issues at all. Just some poor communication and bad judgment. People are fucking insane over the top in that thread now.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Long story short the previous owner of the car had his friend sabotage the sale of the car because the person whom I'm selling it for decided not to keep it 6 months later.
He said the car had a blown engine, said it had rust all over it, smoked etc. This car is none of those things, perfect compression and leakdown and the photos speak for itself, the car is virtually rust free.

If I sold a car tomorrow for 50k and that guy sells it for 60k a week later, good for him. I'm happy. I got my money and he got his. People in the supra world and the collector car world do this all the time. It's not a secret, guys hate car flippers, I get it.
So it sounds like you were selling on behalf of the second owner, not the original? In that case, I can understand why BaT pulled the auction. I would be upset if I bought a car that was described as an original owner car was actually held by a someone who didn't title it for 6 months. Nothing wrong with brokering or flipping cars, but I don't think what your friend did is exactly kosher.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts
About this Discussion
43 Replies
16 Participants
SupraPilot
Supra Forums
Supra Forums is the largest online Toyota Supra MKI, MKII, MKIII, MKIV and MKV owner's club community. Discuss DIY, modifications, and upgrades.
Full Forum Listing