Supra Forums banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Administrator
8,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #41 (Edited)
So it sounds like you were selling on behalf of the second owner, not the original? In that case, I can understand why BaT pulled the auction. I would be upset if I bought a car that was described as an original owner car was actually held by a someone who didn't title it for 6 months. Nothing wrong with brokering or flipping cars, but I don't think what your friend did is exactly kosher.
Yeah I understand that viewpoint as well, car had taxes paid on it, insured, etc. Like I said, it was fucked and should not have gone down like that on our part. I offered to sell the car through a dealers license but that option was not on the table like it was on previous sales. My complaint it not with bat pulling the listing, it's with blocking me from explaining the story. I only listed this here as I had no voice on there. I also told bat that I was selling the vehicle for the new owner not as my own car.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
well damn...not sure what to say but I know you are not a shady person at all. Even when a lot of people were trying to make a quick buck and get rich off forum members, your prices were damn decent if not a good deal here on the forums! About the over moderating thing, NO! You kept it real and called bu!!sh*t for what it was. Nothing more and nothing less. Even had our voice to fight for what we believed in on how shitty this forum has been handled.
BaT probably doesn't want any potential bad media attention coming out but IMO they should have at least spoken with you off the records.

·
Administrator
8,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
well damn...not sure what to say but I know you are not a shady person at all. Even when a lot of people were trying to make a quick buck and get rich off forum members, your prices were damn decent if not a good deal here on the forums! About the over moderating thing, NO! You kept it real and called bu!!sh*t for what it was. Nothing more and nothing less. Even had our voice to fight for what we believed in on how shitty this forum has been handled.
BaT probably doesn't want any potential bad media attention coming out but IMO they should have at least spoken with you off the records.
I appreciate that man, I am in this hobby to help others and help pay for the hobby itself. I work a regular job with regular hours and work probably an extra 10 to 15 hours a week doing car brokering or listing vehicles for friends and clients. Bring a trailer did speak to me on the side but and it was just to tell me I was done. I get it from their perspective of well, they did what they had to do as a business. It was just that I had this same issue before with a friend/client not being clear on how they wanted it listed and bring a trailer gave me the option to correct it. This was on a $150k 911 turbo. I guess that was a gimme. End of the day this was my fault, a lapse in judgement is all it takes. It's amazing to me that so many people want to crucify you in a way that assumes they have always keep their noses clean and on the straight and narrow without ever going into the gray. Ironically in life I've noticed those with the loudest voice are often offenders of the same crime.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I sold 3 cars there successfully all with no controversy thankfully. With BAT just have to be an open book and your good to go. With 90%+ of the A80 being low grade cars in my opinion with rough controversial lives lol. It's no wonder a number of cars had issue on there and deals fell threw like that white rusting low mile TMU car or that front half painted track car history car also reported to BAT. There are others but a few did make it out alive.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts
About this Discussion
43 Replies
16 Participants
SupraPilot
Supra Forums
Supra Forums is the largest online Toyota Supra MKI, MKII, MKIII, MKIV and MKV owner's club community. Discuss DIY, modifications, and upgrades.
Full Forum Listing