Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Top Secret T88H
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I will be in Australia for valentines day and I wanted to bring a part over that i have if anyone needs it, Im not sure how hard it is for you guys to get parts over there but this one is small and I ordered 2 on accident, let me know soon so I can bring it if you are interested..

*New Product* - Powerhouse Racing Timing Belt Tensioner Bracket
Part # PHR TBTB
The Toyota OEM cast aluminum timing belt tensioner brackets are a weak piece that breaks from fatigue. We have found that power output, the type/brand of crank damper, or brand of timing belt do not affect when the stock timing belt tensioner bracket will fail. When the stock unit fails, the timing belt will jump and engine damage WILL occur. You will also be left stranded on the side of the road.

One of the MVP Motorsports Supras broke an OEM Timing Belt Tensioner Bracket, and the result was an expensive and preventable loss. Our HKS 3.4L Stroker motor had the pistons scarred on top, the exhaust valves are all bent, and the head took some damage.
Labor and parts replacement included a new shortblock, maching of the shortblock, new pistons and rings, new valves, repairing the head, new head gasket, timing belt, and of course a billet timing belt tensioner bracket to replace our stock piece that broke in half. Including labor they spent over $10,000 on something that was preventable. They were lucky metal did not circulate through the oil and cost an entire stroker motor, complete head, and turbo!

These billet chromoly units are a direct replacement for the stock unit and will not break. This upgrade is a great idea to do while replacing your timing belt and upgrading the Crank Damper, or anytime when you are installing a single turbo or already have a turbo conversion.

MSRP $399.00
Normal Price $315.00

·
Registered
112 Posts
Where specifically will you be in australia on valentines day, as if you are going anywhere near brisbane, I may be interested in getting this item from you, being in need of one atm. Let me know where and when, and I'll see what I can arrange (including if your not going to brisbane)

Cheers.............................6BOOST

·
Registered
264 Posts
Depends where your going in Australia. But $500 AU for a bit of metal it's a little on the expensive side due to the US - AU dollar. At least it's great value for you when traveling. Thanks for the kind offer to us and hope you have a nice trip over here. Don't go too far south at the moment as it's getting up to 45 degrees Celsius (113 degrees Fahrenheit) in Melbourne and Adelaide.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts