Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Turboboosted
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody heard of these guys? They were recommended to me by RPS as having experience with the Supra and installing the Carbon Carbon clutch. Has anyone used them before? I'm concerned that in the event there's a problem with the clutch after install and I need to file a warranty claim, it'd be easier to get RPS to honor if it was installed by one of their affiliates? Thanks

·
Proud Supporter of NE2K9
661 Posts
Wow, I never come into this forum and I see a post about me! :)

I'll let people who know me talk about my work. :)

As far as the CC clutch, there shouldn't be any problems with it. I've installed one in a very powerful white Supra, and one in a green 97 Supra. I also bought one for my old GTE SC300. I loved every minute of driving that clutch. Not many people need or can afford such a higher end clutch, but God bless anyone who has it!!! :)

Here's my website if you want to look around. It's not done yet, but my website guy is getting there. www.Broadway-Performance.com.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Have no fear with John's work. He's a stand up guy and has worked on his fair share of Supras along with Vipers, AMG Benz's, E46 M3s, DSM, and Subbies.

John, sorry I haven't called you back yet. Things have been real hectic of late and I'm back in CT for the time being

·
I CAN HAS WELFARE
3,413 Posts
Another +1 for John... I'll do buisness with him anyday.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
John's the man

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just had my first experiance with John and his crew at Broadway, and i'll tell everyone here that he is what a stand up guy is all about, more so than the many shops and shop owners i've dealt with in the past and can tell you in the few hours i was there i was very impressed and pleased with his work (lightning fast crew) and attitude and the time he takes to answer all your questions. I bought a car in Rhode Island flew in Friday july 28th to pick up a GS400. Spent the night in Queens, then hit his shop on sat in Passaic they installed my Tein S-Tech springs, KYB GR-2 dampners, and a beautifull set of 19" Enkei Phalanx rims (thanks John these wheels and tires, look great on that car) that he gave me a fantastic deal on.

I was so impressed with his work, and the seriously fast cars that were there, ie the single turbo Supra that was drop dead beautiful, the 66 Chevelle full body all steel, full interior, single digit 1/4 mile big block Chevelle that if and when the engine in my car ever blows up, hmmm..... i'll ship it back to him from Tampa FL for a JDM Aristo 2JZ GTE VVTI conversion and have him convert it to a single while he's at it. And believe me there are no shortage of shops down here in Florida that can do the work, But he's a man of his word, and he went above and beyond to take care of me when i came in out of town on short notice on a Saturday.

So again To Braodway, John and Crew, Thanks for everything, and you'll see my Spectra Blue GS4 again

·
Proud Supporter of NE2K9
661 Posts
Thanks for the nice words Steve, and again, amazing GS4! I loved it! I'd be honered to be able to do your swap when time comes. :)

Dukki, no AWD dyno yet. I use my friends rwd/fwd dynojet which is about 2.2 minutes away from my shop. :) He is moving to a different shop even closer to me, .2 miles away. :) If he's not going to buy another dyno with the sliders to be able to do AWD cars, I will buy it for him and go partners. So either way, I'll definetly be capable to do AWD setups by winter. He's moving in by the end of the summer. So the the AWD dyno setup should be ready by winter time. I'd buy an AWD dyno in a heartbeat, but I have no space in my building.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
John, can you direct me to any shop with an AWD dyno? Somewhere local and I'm looking for an AWD for my freind's denali. Thanks.

·
Turboboosted
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
After seeing the recommendations from the forum in support of John and Broadway Auto, I went to meet him to discuss the RPS Carbon Carbon Install in my dawg. John was extremely knowledgeable about the clutch and the Supra and answered all of my questions. I expected to leave the car there for a couple of days and was surprised when John called the next day to tell me it was ready.

Not only did he do an awesome job on the install, he adjusted the shift pedal height and pedal pressure (it's just a little heavier than stock feel). This clutch kicks serious ass.

What more can I say? I've been looking for a knowledgeable and trustworthy shop for a while now and finally found that with Broadway Auto. They are my shop of choice for any future work on my Supra. John, thanks again to you and your team for the fantastic service.

·
Proud Supporter of NE2K9
661 Posts
It was also a pleasure doing buisiness with you Doug! I have to also say the job you guys did on your Supra looks 99.9% the way I'd do it at the shop. When you told me over the phone that you built this single turbo/fuel system car yourself, I figured I was going to have to go over everything to make sure it's all perfect. It was a beautiful job very well done!!!! Having your car built by a shop is a luxury but doing it yourself must have been very satisfying. :) I'll talk to you later this week. Thanks for the feedback.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Bump for a class A guy! I can def vouch for John, I do business with him on a daily basis and I can only wish everyone is as easy to deal with as John is. Its nice when you call a shop and get answers and info right from the owner himself and not some worker that just passes your word on. I have seen some real sweet cars roll in that place and they look even better when rolling out!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Highly Recommended

John at Broadway Performance has worked on every car I have ever owned.

He built my Galant VR4 for me into a reliable and quick daily driver. He did maintenance and performance work in my Audi S4 and when I get a Supra he will be the first person I go to for any work I need done.

He just did a timing belt / full tune up on my Daily Driver Accord, the man does it all.

Sell me your GTE SC300 .....

-Ant

·
Respect
1,185 Posts
John is a honest great guy that knows his stuff. I would definitely recommend him for anyone looking for work done or even buying a car.

Thanks again John

A++++

Jarrett-

·
I Solve Problems
4,349 Posts
John is a good guy who knows his Supras. I would let him work on my car anytime and know my car would be treated the right way. :)

1 - 20 of 113 Posts