304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
with the HKS 3037s twin turbos..

First try was close... but not quite there... :sadance:

Second times the charm!!!! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Good numbers, but what is the 2nd graph with SAE. I am sure that the SAE numbers will be a good bit lower.

·
Medium Ballin'
3,021 Posts
I guess Ken just might be a son of a........ :bigthumb: Nice digits.

KenHenderson said:
Sounds like you guys are having a lot of fun!! If those turbos aren't real close to choke at 959 whp, I'll be a son of a ......... Best of luck and keep us updated.

Ken.

·
Diehard 4G63/AWD User
666 Posts
Now THAT is an engine bay! You can probably see that glow from the moon. Hehe.. :bigthumb: Very nice numbers on the twins. :)

·
Shawn Davis
1,662 Posts
Klop said:
Good numbers, but what is the 2nd graph with SAE. I am sure that the SAE numbers will be a good bit lower.
Since SAE environmental corrections shouldn't be used on a forced induction car, he probably doesn't give a rats ass what they are.

·
Registered
1994 Toyota Supra Turbo 6spd
1,528 Posts
congrats on the #'s!

it spools up pretty fast for big twins as well!

what boost was this done and can you do a list of your mods?

i didn't know they came with anti surge housings!!

MOREOVER- can we get a sound clip or video!!! :)

·
Super Moderator
10,741 Posts
bigmike said:
I guess Ken just might be a son of a........ :bigthumb: Nice digits.
Mike, so true, my friend. As I told Rsky in his other thread in Members Rides, I wouldn't have bet those turbos would make 959 wheel let alone 1026.

As others have noted, the torque curve is awesome and rising all the way to shutdown. Clearly the stroker has taken all these turbos have to give.

Until it was mentioned, I hadn't noticed the pull was not SAE net because that is all SPE has ever done. Rsky, you might want to get the SAE net numbers so there is no issue with you joining the 1000 wheel club. As some have noted, there's different schools of thought on whether it should be used for FI motors, but on SF it is considered the norm, FWIW.

Big congrats once again and let me know if you're coming back to the mainland anytime soon.

Ken.

·
Former Moderator
3,785 Posts
Congrats man. A great achievement. However, seeing previous 3.4L dyno sheets and seeing others have great results with the strokers, you should maybe stretch the rev limit for another 400-500 rpms to extend the powerband even further and take advantage of the great gearing. Racing teams with different 3.4L engines have been doing it pretty reliably for a while now.

-Olivier

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,263 Posts
Congrats dude.. thats's absoultely and amazing achievement. I'd glad it all worked out.
Any list of mods? Engine wise?

What cams did you use?

The turbos must sound amazing with the anti surge housing that HKS uses.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts