Supra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Got my Clarion VRX935VD unit quite a while ago, but didnt have it installed till a few days ago. I got it used, and to my luck its somewhat broken. Cant really return it so Im stuck with it. Oh well.... live and learn!

But my question is do any of you know of a good place to get it fixed? I think its the Brain unit since the screen comes out fine and everything powers up and works except it doesnt read the discs. It keeps giving me ERROR6 messages.

Im pretty tight on cash right now after my exhaust purchase :naughty: so Im looking to get this fixed for a reasonable price!

Tired of not having any tunes for just 2 days. lol

Thanx for the help

·
Supra-NA-T...Girls -Twin
2,165 Posts
The best thing to do is hit up a local clarion dealer and ask them if either they can service it, or see if they know of someone that can

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alright, I'll look around

I looked at the limited waranty and it states that if an install is performed by anyone other than a licenced dealer, they wont work on it.... ???

I'll call them up though and check.

Thanx for the quick response

·
I'm in the Death Business
1,922 Posts
go get to know the warranty guy at a clarion dealer ;)

we can work magic :D

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got a quote from this place on the east coast with a one year warrante for $200 plus shipping.

Sounds ok.. kinda expensive.

I'll keep on looking around. and will get in touch with the Clarion dealer.

Let me know what you guys think about that price?

He said he would have to replace the dvd drive or something like that.

·
1,922 Posts
that's not a horrible price. it just depends on if you want to get a new unit or whether you plan on keeping this one for a while

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
88supramkiii said:
that's not a horrible price. it just depends on if you want to get a new unit or whether you plan on keeping this one for a while

I kinda wanted to keep this one for some time!

:bigthumb:

·
1,922 Posts
i would suggest getting to know your local warranty guy then ;) like i said, we can make things appear out of thin air :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts