Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all i've been reading this forum for about a year or so learing more about this amazing car that we all have. Some may say that the na is a lesser car but hey its not a civic, so im proud to be a owner. um not until recently that i have found this forum to be inadiquate, but i have never seen this question posted... Have any of you na owners had a problem with the stock headers braking? I have a 94 na supra that has about 7k miles on it and the header hass broken. i also have a question about the clutch, i have a slipping clutch which also happened recently, does the clutch have to be replaced on the 60k mile check up? or how long is the life of the clutch? how much would it cost to replace the clutch at the dealer? also can i replace it with the tt clutch, is there any difference between the two? is there any advantage if i replace the clutch with a tt? im not planning any major performance upgrades in the near future but a turbo isn't out of consideration, again not in near future. i would greatly appreciatate any comment that you all may have.

·
Always Furious. Now Fast.
447 Posts
I would like to hear about the clutch answer too. I am ready for a new one - even more so after the turbo. Is there any option for the 5 speed tranny besides another stock Toyota plate?

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
I haven't heard of the stock n/a header (exhaust manifold) cracking, but I suppose it's possible. I have a couple spare ones, let me know if you need one.

Clutch life will vary a lot depending on your driving habits. The TT clutch is completely different, and won't work. Several companies make aftermarket clutches for the n/a. I had good luck with Clutchmasters. Their stage 2 or 3 will be good for n/a cars, and the stage 4 will be good for Frankensteins na-t. :D The stage 3 has a slight chatter, and the stage 4 chatters a fair amount, but they will hold/wear well.

·
I put up BS Flags
1,023 Posts
Amen and Praise the lord for having Dave H for all the technical know how :). Yeah the TT and NA trannies are completely different. And i havent tried Clutchmasters Clutches but i do have an ACT stage 3 or 4 clutch and its grips HARD but i wouldnt suggest it for daily driving. Its grab and go or a loud ass noise coming from my car, you just gotta learn to drive it. However with my clutch my friends crack up and how my tires bark ALL THE WAY down the quarter mile track in my 200 horspower beasts. Could be powershifting too but hell my clutch can take it so i do it.
Im not sure on the model of my clutch or anything like that i just got it from a place in Illinois called Fantasy Motorsports before i called them noone had any idea around here *Saint Louis Area* or what kind of clutch i could get for my car.
Later

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you all for your replies. i would greatly appreciate any info on what these products may cost if i go with a stock na clutch or one of the clutchmasters clutch's.
DaveH,
How much for your spare headers? And how much did it cost you to convert to your current setup?

thanks again for your your responses and information.

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
The Clutchmaster clutches are in the $500-550 range. Not sure what the stock clutch costs.
http://www.clutchmasters.com/shop/?page=shop/browse&MakeModelID=18816&MakeID=120&Engine=3.0L+Eng+5-Spd&FromYear=1994&ToYear=2002

I have around $8k into my turbo conversion.

sxcsupra said:
Thank you all for your replies. i would greatly appreciate any info on what these products may cost if i go with a stock na clutch or one of the clutchmasters clutch's.
DaveH,
How much for your spare headers? And how much did it cost you to convert to your current setup?
thanks again for your your responses and information.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts