Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if there is a security feature that causes the drivers side door to not open when the window is broken? I just had my window broken (luckily I have an alarm) and now I cant open the driver side door.

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
wtf. thats wierd. you try opening it from the inside. maybe disconnecting the battery and unlock it?

·
Supranian
2,007 Posts
IVIystikal said:
Does anyone know if there is a security feature that causes the drivers side door to not open when the window is broken?
No....

Maybe some glass got jammed in the door linkage.

·
going broke fast
2,401 Posts
most likely there is glass jamming the handle.when you break a tempered peice of glass it goes everywhere.just be thankful we don't have shitty regulator's with cable's and plastic peice's to break.who ever come's to fix it will vacume out the door and get most of the glass.if its a new guy,he'll probably mess up the doorpanel on ya.make sure after the new glass is installed the stops are adjusted.if not the window might not seal right or could make it harder to shut the door.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i think what happened was the glass was stopping the locking mechanism from disengaging, but I hit the door a few times and made the glass fall down and now it seems to be working okay.

thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts