Supra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my driver window switch will make the window go down but wont make it go up, yes i know, i need a new switch....but i really need to get this window up before it rains again!....is there anyway manually to put up the power windows?....HELP!

·
Registered
353 Posts
Just put power to the window motor, an it should go up. Also depending on what way you put power to it, it will go up one way down the other way.

·
Registered
353 Posts
You might have to take the door panel off an look for the connector for the motor disconnect it, take old battery or jump box what ever an put power to the pins in the connector

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
DrumnBassBBoy said:
how would i go about converting from power windows to manual roll up windows?
Easier said than done, but, why not try taking apart the window switch and cleaning the contacts first? I mean it not like you you're going to break it more.... then if that doesn't work tear the door apart and jump the motor. I've had every one my interior switches apart, only half of them worked when I got the car.... they're all fine now. Just use a green scotch pad on them.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i did that about 3 times, always worked, then stopped working, today i did it again, and it finally stopped working the whole cleaning contact thing, im going gutted and am looking for weight reduction anyhow and am tired of fucking with these window motors, so thats why i wanna go with roll up handles, anyhow got any information on how to do this anyone?

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Been a while since I've had my doors apart, but I don't think the existing internals would be easily switched over like you can do with some other vehicles out there. In alot of cases where the car was built with both types of control in mind you can pullt the electronic gear box and swap in a manual one from the same model car.

I really can't recall how ours are driven though. Is there a toothed arm connected to the window's linkages? If yes then I'd probably head to a junk yard and take a look at the internals of some older Toyotas. Perhaps check 80s and 90s Celicas.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.