Supra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There seems to be some brown in the ol' overfill. Usually I would assume that its the head gasket, but since i changed it like not even a couple thousand miles ago, and properly tourqed it down with a new HG, im going to hope that its not the HG.

I had the head rebuilt and decked to proper height. and cleaned off the block, and made sure there werent any residue left in the block. I tourqed the head to 92 ft/lb and did it in the proper order. This is a 7mgte motor. The turbo is bad, and i know the turbo is bad becuase it is leaking oil through the turbo on the hot side...

Could this be my problem? that the turbo is leaking some oil in the coolant system? let me know peoples. thanx

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Get your coolant checked for carbon. Some places can do it in minutes. They take a sample of your coolant into a syringe type device with some solution in it while the engine's running and note whether or not it changes color. Process of elimination will find your problem.

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
Brown stuff ususally comes from the engine/metal coolant pipes running along the engine sides and your radiator.
There maybe sediments in your radiator - especially at the bottom which was the problem I had.
Changed radiator and it did the same thing where I could actually see small pebble ike stuff in the radiaor.
I had to actually flush the engine completely ( engine drain plug removed and high pressure hose used/ also cleaned out the metal pipes of rust deposits and changed radiator again to get rid of it)
Yours may not be that extreme but check the radiator for deposits..

·
It's only the beginning..
690 Posts
Rust

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
where is this engine drain plug and is it easy to access without taking a lot of shit off?
what kinda flush did you use?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts