Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
wish my lawn was emo
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ok so i did the honda thing... ehh it was fun till i realized that i wasnt getting anything for my money... so after dumping just under 6G's into a 93 hatch back, no body kits. or flashy light, it looked bone stock but sat 3" off the ground... SOLD THAT FUCKA for $600 and got my first supra for $450... it was an 88 targa 7mgte, had like 160,xxx miles on it... after talking to the lady that had the it i brought a battery with me and after sitting for 6 years it fired up the second try.. so i handed her the money told her id be back with a truck to tow it away.... got it back to my house, found a bunch of rust (the 6 years it was sitting was in a field) realized i was gunna need another body to drop this motor into... so i got to looking.... heres some pics of my 88

so i got to looking around for another one... couldnt find anything around here(maine) worth picking up...
till a guy at my work told me about a friend of his that had an 89 N/A and was hard up for money... it almost sounded too good to be true... so i went and checked it out. the body was in great shape, just 2 little spots of rust that would be fixed with no problem... it ran... started right up and i ended up driving it home... it had rained that morning and the ground was wet, so about a mile away from the guys house i drifted thru a round about and the motor started knocking... i was planing to drive the N/A and build up the turbo motor but that knock kinda forced my hand into swapping em out... but heres a few of the 89

·
wish my lawn was emo
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
88 turbo motor pull...

·
wish my lawn was emo
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)

FIRE BREATHING SUPRA

so the wheel of the engine life had to hit the one spot of plastic in the hole fucking shop

just for fun we put the supras hood on a 67 charger lol

my dad built my mom a BMW and befor he got to paint the front bumper... :)
skinny bwm

well the motors out... still have all my fingers and toes.... now on to

·
wish my lawn was emo
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
wish my lawn was emo
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
NOW WE START BUYING SHIT
new intake pipe

i have pics of my HKS MHG and ARP head studs but cant find em.... BUT I HAVE EM!!

OK BACK TO WORK
pressure washed and all nice and clean for the new motor...

·
wish my lawn was emo
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

ok so the interior was FUCKED....

after a few hours of cleaning and a bottle of turtle wax...

my harnesses to replace the seat belts

·
wish my lawn was emo
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
got these for the 88 befor i had gottin the 89... so fuck it ima thro em on till i can get a big brake kit

new mirrors and front bumper... still have the little bit of body work to do... should be doing that shit this weekend or next

·
wish my lawn was emo
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
:) i am keeping it, im putting it on but im taking off the "hump"... i like the open look to the 88, but the smoothness of the 89... the edges in the 88 are much more sharp and pronounced then the rounded edges of the 89.. iv started it, but have sense put it on the back burner so i can get the engine running... after that ill be back at it...

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
looking nice man...good job

·
wish my lawn was emo
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
thanks again everyone..

·
wish my lawn was emo
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
so just a little update.

tomorrow i place the order for the 1jz FFIM both upper lower pieces and the TB. im also grabbing an MK4 intercooler of a friend for $50. so im gunna order son new piping and a guy i work with said he would weld it up for me. i just need to get it cut to fit.

after i get everything for the new intake setup im ordering 720cc injectors, a bigger fuel rail, better FPR, bigger fuel pump.. im also getting a LEX V8 AFM for an even trade for the drivers seat out of my parts car with is awesome because i had no place to put the drivers seat from the 89 once i put the racing seat in. im also ordering ( i might just custom make it) the harness bar for my 4-point harnesses.

thanks again everyone for all the help and support.
Branden

·
wish my lawn was emo
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
was fucking around and took some "as she sits pictures"

and the winter car that need a tranny... (just had to be picked up from the shop)

·
wish my lawn was emo
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
have some pics from this weekend.
not looking so hot right now

got some wiring done, and also got some parts

STURT TOWER SUPPORT... $5 just needs some paint

SS braided break lines... $20

mk4 supra rims all 4=$100

both sets that i have

also got the wing takin off.

will be doing body work over this winter

she looks so sad right now...

·
Registered
201 Posts
Nice to see that the MK3's are being kept alive. Nice job man.

-KP

·
wish my lawn was emo
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
1 - 20 of 78 Posts