Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone would have an idea of why my paint in my new 97-98 headlights keep bubbling up. I am on my third set of lights and they all do the same thing. They bubble around the where the fog light is. I do not have bulbs in my foglights nor do they even work. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Richard

·
5,059 Posts
my old car had the same problem. New headlights did the same thing.

Now my current one doesn't have the bubbles and the car was in texas its whole life. Maybe certain bulbs cause it?

·
Registered
922 Posts
I had original lights which bubbled and two replacements which bubbled. I think all probably have the same problem. Its probably a problem in the surface prep before they paint.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Same here on my 97. I always thought it was from running the fogs.
I sanded & repainted the inner housings with high temp brake caliper paint. So far so good.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well this is what happened. I got the new headlights with just regular bulbs. They started to bubble so I got them warrented through toyota and changed out my bulbs thinking they might be too hot. Well it happened again with the new set so i bought some HIDs and yet again they are bubbling. the ballests are no where near the lights.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts