Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well... After I spit a shim yester year, I ended up damaging the head a little as the shim dug in... Now the bucket won't come out easily and I'm not sure how to force it out. I thought I had bent a valve but it looks like I didn't. #6 is a little melted which explains the lower compression and the oil appetite.

Anyhow I usually use a magnet to pull out the bucket but I can’t seem to get pliers on the bucket to pull it out nor can I get a magnet strong enough to pull it out since it is very tightly packed in there…

I’m able to get it back to the top by pushing the valve from the bottom of the head but how the hell can I pull out the bucket other then the magnet and pliers? Any ideas? Was thinking I may have to drill though it and stick something like an Allen key in there.

I even tried compressing the srping by putting 3 shims in there having the cam tigten down to compress the spring and lodging something in the valve to hold it open.. Then when I pull off the cam i pulled out the what was holding the valve hoping that the spring of the spring would shoot the bucket out... Well got half way but no dice after that....

·
going broke fast
2,401 Posts
i would slowly heat the aluminum around the bucket with a torch.it might give you some extra clearance,because the aluminum will expand faster then the steel bucket.

·
Impeller Head
2,832 Posts
Yeah, I'd try the heat method, then the drill if that does not work. But the first thing that came to my mind was weld a rod to it or something so I can pull it out :)
Eric, how did this happen?

·
12,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well, I was being lazy Ron... ;) I didn't shim the last test set of crower cams and well... Yeah...

Spit a shim, shim got suck, broke cam dammage the bore of the bucket, bucket got stuck... Valve stuck open.. yada yada...

PIA. thats for sure.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
i found the heating method the best or you could try using super strong neodymium magnets. its so strong sometimes if you put it too close together the magnet will crack from hitting one another so hard.

·
12,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the suggestions guys will try a propane torch first... been stripping my car god damnt he body harness is one HELL of a job to take out without breaking all the stupid little clips.

Car is getting painted, and I'm stripping it to save some loot.... then as it's getting finnished I should be finnishing up my 2jz and cermaic coatings should be done too... with ALOT of luck I MAY have her back togheter by the end of the month.

·
supra love
463 Posts
what coloryou going with zazz? i 'm getting mine paint soon too but i'm totally undecided on a color? any reccomendations?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts