Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Gang,

I have been driving domestic cars for the past 4 years and now i am learning more about imports, especially the heavy weight from Japan; MKIV Supra. I noticed for a small (compare to American engine which is at least 5.0 liter) 3.0 engine can produce massive hp. I have been reading around 750-800 RWHP. I was wondering how much would it take to make a 2JZ-GTE to produce 600-700 rwhp? I am in the process of swapping a 2JZ into a Lexus SC 300.

What about 2JZ-GE motor. Can i rebuild the engine for stronger stuffs and lower compression with bigger turbo and intercooler. Can GE compete with GTE? You help will greatly appreciated. I know a lot of questions. I am just a baby in the import cars. Thanks

S

·
0 Posts
The 2JZ-GTE is an amazing platform. You can put a Turbonetics T66 with an upgraded fuel system,HKS VPC, and a few other things and make 600RWHP on stock internals. Also don't waste your time of the GE motor it isn't worth it.

·
Lets go Nets
2,956 Posts
10 - 15k in overnight parts from Japan! lol, jk its gonna cost about 5-10k for the turbo depending on which one you buy. 2-3k for the fuel system, and you also need a HKS GCC, and VPC, which are about 2k, and you need the boost controllers, FMIC, BPU stuff which is about 4k total. so your looking at about 13-20k to build a supra with 700 rwhp.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts