Supra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Im looking for a good sound system, but I am on a really tight budget. Anyone have any suggestions of what to get? My WHOLE system is currently STOCK now... Help Please!!! :)

·
Who's the Master?!
4,073 Posts
Really tight budget as in.....? Also, what kind of music do you listen to, do you value sound quality or volume more...? Give some specifics on what you want.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Well as far as budget goes, I believe you should change the headunit, then add an amp and sub. Decent new door speakers can be had for less than $70.

Ikesound has good prices on midlevel equipment. I'm not a rep for them or anything but car stereo forums like them. Heres some examples

Kenwood EZ-500 - 140
Bazooka BTA6100 - 135 - amplified Bazooka tube
Kenwood KFC-1069S - 26 - Door speakers

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I listen to hip hop, techno, pop, and rock (i know a prteey big varience). I am looking for an all-around system for a good price. Anything like that! :)

·
Search
3,303 Posts
get a good headunit. don't skimp on anything..

Pioneer DEH-P770MP, or an Alpine 9835, or 9855

the Pioneer is under 300 bucks and is a badass radio, the alpines are both more expensive, but have alot of great features

·
Registered
50 Posts
i just got the alpine 9835 a couple of months ago and i love it, i would definatly recommend the alpine but i don't know how that will work with your budget

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Damn man! I can almost get a friggn LCD headunit for that price!!!!!! Is the headunit the first thing I should upgrade? Is it kind on like intake/exhaust for a car? Lol... Do head units matter all that much? I can see how they could and how they couldn't....... Thanks for the info so far guys-keep it comming!!! :)

·
Your Neighborhood OG
316 Posts
Juiceboxx said:
O-I found a Pheonix Gold 15" sub for like 20 bucks-should I do it? It says it is almost brand new.......
First of all "you get what you pay for" and for 20 bucks you will probably get crap, or a 20 dollar paper weight. Just save up your money and put together a decent system, dont take short cuts. Again I do have my set up for sale, JL audio sub and amp for 200 bucks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts