link is bad

·
Who's the Master?!
4,073 Posts
Already been posted anyway.

·
Weapon of Mass Affection
3,780 Posts
It was always love at first sight. Few cars have ever been made with such an engaging aura about them.

It is a shame the car is not being driven.

I happen to believe a car should be driven no matter how rare or valuable; so long as the driver isn't busy trying to ball it up into a tree.

·
Ready. Set. Gone.
4,832 Posts
. I happen to believe a car should be driven no matter how rare or valuable; so long as the driver isn't busy trying to ball it up into a tree.
Seriously...at least break the car in. Tht is what they are made for.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Seriously...at least break the car in. Tht is what they are made for.
Ain't that the truth. During my time working at an independent Porsche repair shop...not being driven came to be one of the top reasons for "upper stratosphere" repair bills that should have never been that high in the first place.

Why some people by 993 Turbos and only drive them for 10 days out of the year is BEYOND my comprehension.

I mean, we had 1 customer who has an absolutely pristine and droolworthy collection('89 930 Slantnose, '05 Carrera GT, '95 993 GT2 to name a few) who only buys cars, has the shop restore/maintainece them to stock condition and then stores them in a garage.

Then there was another customer who actually drives a completely restored 356 convertable....on a regular basis.

Some owners enjoy their cars for what they were meant to do.

Its a shame as these, or any other cars for that matter, were not built to be "museum pieces"

Christian

·
Banned
612 Posts
I look at those photos and all I can think is man car design sure has come a long ways in 20 years!

·
Registered
382 Posts
I remember when I was a teenager back in the 80's you could find Mopar muscle (or any musclecar) cars (Cudas,Roadrunners,Challengers) for like $1500-3000. Fast forward to today and see what happened, prices are almost unattainable.

A GNX with only 9 miles WILL bring a premiun pricetag for sure.Did I mention I owned two Buick GN'S before?

·
ass, gas or grass
1,120 Posts
i thought we couldnt post ebay stuff.
just not your own.

that's pretty cool. I'd think that baby would get more than that at Barret Jackson.

·
Registered
889 Posts
wow...

took the person 9 miles to drive home and that's it...

·
Registered
205 Posts
huge bargain in collectible cars, give this thing 15-20 yrs and it'll be atleast triple that value, production numbers were ridiculously low on those cars and it was truly the last muscle car

1 - 19 of 19 Posts