Supra Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Hey Figgie,

Yeah it's at TDC already. I just need some advice on blocking the oil/coolant ports for anyone that has done it before.

·
Registered
6,340 Posts
Hey Figgie,

Yeah it's at TDC already. I just need some advice on blocking the oil/coolant ports for anyone that has done it before.
If you are talking for removing the engine,

For hoses, bolts of appropiate size work great and then clamp them with worm clamps to make sure. Napa sells vacuum caps of various sizes that can block the hardlines up.

·
Registered
6,340 Posts
Hey Figgie,

i think you misunderstood me.

I am mean tdc for each piston to take pictures of the piston tops. I want to see if there is any pitting. :)

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
i think you misunderstood me.

I am mean tdc for each piston to take pictures of the piston tops. I want to see if there is any pitting. :)
Ahh, I see what you're saying. I am talking about the passageways on top of the mating surface. Do I need to block all the little holes, and if so what are some tips or tricks.

·
Registered
6,340 Posts
not what i am talking about for the piston tops.

On the ports on the engine block to head interface (Mating surface).

No need to block anything off if it is getting machined. Otherwise blue painters tape works well. Just use laquer thinner to degrease the mating surface.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts