Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my search for new found power in the intake system's design.. I am building my own intake now.. Im going to go big with 3 Inch Tubing.. How big is the Throttle Body on the N/A supras? And also what are the key elements to extracting more horsepower from this engine.. Also Porting the MAP sensor etc.. Please fill me in..

My Design is a 3 Inch tubing going down to where the MAP sensor .. Then on the other end of the sensor the pipe will still extend down into the BUMPER. Extracting colder air from my experience with Honda engines i build.. Hopefully the same concept will work on Supras am i correct? Please give me your Feed back

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
the "cooler air" is a major concern of mine too. with a cone filter, the engine is bound to suck in warm/hot air. I saw (at Vegas) some of the TTs equiped with a "Max Air" heat shield lookin' thing. it looks like an ingenous design. i wonder how well it works. if anyone has one, let me know how you like it and where you got it. thanks...

TRD Racing, good luck with the intake, keep us informed.

·
I put up BS Flags
1,023 Posts
Im not positive but i am pretty damn sure the throttle body is 3 inches. I have a 3 inch piping on mine to the MAF sensor and a Apexi Air Filter on the end of that it seems to me in order to get a "cold air" intake outta this you have to do some body work and cut through the metal behind the headlight and then stick a big ole filter somewhere down there. Anyway ill post a pic of what mine looks like to help you get started and see what you need.
Later

1 - 5 of 5 Posts