Supra Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am needing some help choosing injectors and a head gasket, what would you suggest. :confused:

ALSO ANY OTHER INFO/SUGGESTIONS/IMPUTS ARE WELCOMED

93 octane daily @ about 25lb...power goal- 650-/+
c16 on about 35-40lbs.... power goal 800+ head gasket that will allow this much boost???

*running pump gas bc no e85 around

for the modlist
true 1jz bored 20 over
stock crank
acl race series bearings
modded oil pump
Arp head studs
Arp mainstuds
crower rods hbeam billet (not brian crower)
weisco 8.5:1 forged pistons
fully ported and polished head & gasket matched
2mm over valves (bc)
stage 3 cams 272 (bc)
titan motorsport cam gears
titanium retainers and (bc) springs
Intake manifold from suprastore
100mm throttle body
3" intercooler piping
bf front mount
tial bov
tial waste gate
single twinscroll exhaust manifold from driftmotion
pte6765 billet twinscroll. antisurge h housing 1.15 backhalf
3"downpipe w/ cutout
superspark coils
will be running a AEM v2
either looking @ dual 255s or the new 355 walbro

**stock lines (for now)
may add meth later
**also considering bigger turbo and qsv depending how i like the 6765

may be forgetting a few things so if i am just ask. and thanks for your time and help- Jonathan

·
Registered
192 Posts
Yeah, 100 and 110 is much more than the price of normal gasoline, whereas you can get E85 for less than $3.00 a gallon. Here its like $2.80~ something. If you can go and buy some, just go buy a barrel or two at a time.

Run less boost with it and make more power than pump gas.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hmm, that i may do. i know i have to have way bigger injectors and more fuel pressure, what else would i need. I was told id need a new fuel tank bc e85 would "eat it" wat about fuel lines and rail?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I got a great deal on the rods , i think i ended up paying around 900 with shipping, however they are not in production. someone had just ordered a few custom sets and crower didnt sell them all ,these were laying on the shelf in the back, had been for a while i just lucked up. shoot them an email, they may have another set

i dont think ill have a problem with lag. My buddy has a evo with the same turbo non twinscroll .81backhalf and he reaches 30lbs @ 5000rpm. And my turbo being twinscroll its equivilant to a regular .82 backhalf. besides already have a built 1j bottom, too late to switch now

·
Registered
558 Posts
i dont think ill have a problem with lag. My buddy has a evo with the same turbo non twinscroll .81backhalf and he reaches 30lbs @ 5000rpm. And my turbo being twinscroll its equivilant to a regular .82 backhalf. besides already have a built 1j bottom, too late to switch now
5000rpm is ridiculous for anything thats on the street. i would invest $500 to get the spool somewhere in the 4K or even 3K range. or even sell that bottom and spend more for a built 3L.
im just saying. youre going to be unimpressed with it in the long run compared to a 3L + a QSV.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ill never get wat i want out of it so ill just keep it for now and build a spare one day. ans i do plan on running a qsv down the road, maybe a small shot as well.
Also Its been bored so its more like a 2.65L so thats wat, .35L difference

Also my question goes unanswered, Sill the stock gasket hold that much boost?

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
yes it does. why do you think they make 3.4L stroker kits for the 2J? theres no replacement for displacement. and a +.4L addition to a 3L isnt as big of a jump from 2.5L to 3L

my old combo..
s14 1jz BW 88-75 blitz ecu Subs in the trunk a/c also had a 60-1 before the Borg Warner..made 420-450rwhp with both turbos

Buddy..

s14 2jz.. 63mm turbo. 430hp, no a/c, no subs. car felt IDENTICAL. except the 1jz revs out to redline faster. same trans same rear end.

this is my experience.

Now thast just how they felt, My car was actually faster. I was at 8200 rpms before he got to 7k

I just dont FEEL that .5 liters, I honestly dont. I find both motors gutless compared to my old ls1 and lt1 motors. for the record I also cant feel a diffrence between a B16 and a gsr and people say there is a huge difference.. maybe its just me. my ass is broken perhaps

·
Silly Honda Vtecs 4 Kidz!
591 Posts
my old combo..
s14 1jz BW 88-75 blitz ecu Subs in the trunk a/c also had a 60-1 before the Borg Warner..made 420-450rwhp with both turbos

Buddy..

s14 2jz.. 63mm turbo. 430hp, no a/c, no subs. car felt IDENTICAL. except the 1jz revs out to redline faster. same trans same rear end.

this is my experience.

Now thast just how they felt, My car was actually faster. I was at 8200 rpms before he got to 7k

I just dont FEEL that .5 liters, I honestly dont. I find both motors gutless compared to my old ls1 and lt1 motors. for the record I also cant feel a diffrence between a B16 and a gsr and people say there is a huge difference.. maybe its just me. my ass is broken perhaps
I agree!!! i have a 1jz SC300, 550cc, BW 83-75, Stock ecu, Greddy BCC, Greddy SCC, Etc... & i make 450whp+ with a 4.27 gear rearend and it feels amazing!!! Goes throught the gears like nothing!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.