Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We've got this exact same spec'd motor in-stock and ready to ship. On a pallet and ready to go. Freight in lower 48 States is only $300.

Andrew Carroll at SupraStore.com built a 3.0 Liter from a seasoned block, Billet Main, 10.5:1 CP Piston (lg pin) coated skirts, Manley Turbo Tuff 2JZ H-Beam (rated 1400whp) and we've never busted a Manley Turbo Tuff rod. (I or H).

Using the same machine shops as many of the other builders and hand assembled ourselves for me personally, the motor is on a pallet and ready to ship anywhere in the world with no core charge. Motor is designed for big power (1250+) with all the goodies.

$5500 + freight (no core charge)

CAM01764 by suprastore, on Flickr

Spec's:

- CP 10.5:1 Compression, Large Wrist Pins
- Manley Turbo Tuff Connecting Rods
- Titan Billet Mains
- Bore/Hone Using SupraStore.com Torque Plate
- No Oil Squirters
- Fully Assembled and on Pallet Ready for Shipment

Andrew is our in-house builder and has worked for us for the past 8 years full-time and has assembled dozens of 2JZ motors. Motor is located in the Phoenix area.

Feel free to email me direct at [email protected] or email Andy at [email protected] or call Andy at 800.717.3050 for any more details.

·
serbian by blood!!!
1,675 Posts
Mark how you liking that gtx42 with vvti?? I'm in the same boat as soon as I get my block built

·
Premium Member
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lot of motor for the money! Ready to rip for corn.
Huge bang for the buck, Titan billet mains, torque plate prepped block, 100% hand assembled internally and YES, this will love corn!

Mark how you liking that gtx42 with vvti?? I'm in the same boat as soon as I get my block built
It's nothing short of incredible at 10:1 on E85. Fast spool, great torque and the motor flat out spins GTX 4294R! Nothing beats compression and E85 with VVt-i. This motor went 191.8 mph in Gila Bend 1/2 Mile.

·
serbian by blood!!!
1,675 Posts
I'm very surprised seeing how Dave worked on the head;) jk he's great!! I'm doing the same thing 10:1 with gtx42 and e85 on proefi. I know you're a busy guy, but wish you would come hang with us at twin peaks one of these days.. I would love to see how the car runs, since my will be similar. Guilly says nothing but great things bout you..

-Mike

·
Turbology
434 Posts
It's nothing short of incredible at 10:1 on E85. Fast spool, great torque and the motor flat out spins GTX 4294R! Nothing beats compression and E85 with VVt-i. This motor went 191.8 mph in Gila Bend 1/2 Mile.
I'm doing the same thing 10:1 with gtx42 and e85 on proefi. I know you're a busy guy, but wish you would come hang with us at twin peaks one of these days.. I would love to see how the car runs, since my will be similar.
Crazy, must be an animal in 3rd and 4th gear once it hooks. Ryan Tuerck runs a 3.4 VVT-i in his comp car with a 4088 and it's plain savage. With the ALS on, makes more boost at idle than at speed! :lol:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BGxoiSGxCyY/?taken-by=namelessperformance

·
Premium Member
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dave hasn't touched this car (only me), but he did the Kelford 202-D's in my old street car. I still need to do some VVt-i tuning, so I may latch on to one of the guys who has spent some time on that, as there is a lot of fun stuff to be done. CWTT on here seems to have spent a lot of time with that and ProEFI, so I probably need to reach out to him. Jason Siebels tunes my car, but he hasn't had a lot of direct experience playing with the cam timing on a VVT-i in this application.

Sundays are always no-go days for me, but I did go to a meet on a Saturday last year.....

I'm very surprised seeing how Dave worked on the head;) jk he's great!! I'm doing the same thing 10:1 with gtx42 and e85 on proefi. I know you're a busy guy, but wish you would come hang with us at twin peaks one of these days.. I would love to see how the car runs, since my will be similar. Guilly says nothing but great things bout you..

-Mike
On 15" drag radials it flat hooks in second (20 psi), so its a fun car for sure. If I was starting from scratch I would do a 7675 Gen 2 for the extra 200hp, but this is a great street set-up and Garrett is obviously a more robust solution.

Crazy, must be an animal in 3rd and 4th gear once it hooks. Ryan Tuerck runs a 3.4 VVT-i in his comp car with a 4088 and it's plain savage. With the ALS on, makes more boost at idle than at speed! :lol:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BGxoiSGxCyY/?taken-by=namelessperformance

·
Turbology
434 Posts
On 15" drag radials it flat hooks in second (20 psi), so its a fun car for sure. If I was starting from scratch I would do a 7675 Gen 2 for the extra 200hp, but this is a great street set-up and Garrett is obviously a more robust solution.
That's crazy, must be mental on the street. For whatever reason, CT hasn't gotten on board with E85. And the cold-start and idle issues are not really an excuse, since I know they change the ethanol blend for winter anyway.

The closest corn for me is 20+ miles away, so I pretty much need to run a flex fuel set-up if I ever want to experience the magic of big boost and better detonation resistance.

·
Drive Hard
633 Posts
still available? pistons size? block used was new or not?

·
Premium Member
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We've got this exact same spec'd motor in-stock and ready to ship as of January 31, 2017. On a pallet and ready to go. Freight in lower 48 States is only $300. We can ship international as well.

·
Premium Member
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Shipping to a UK port is $650 USD. There are pro's and con's on oil squirters and they work great on factory pistons (the PRO) in a factory block. Generally speaking on any built motor with forged pistons, the manufacturers do not include an oil squirter design into the piston like a factory OEM 2JZ. Additionally you will have a slight oil pressure drop using them over them being blocked.

There isn't a solid reason to use them with a forged motor piston not designed to use them and they do offer a bit more failure possibilities as the springs wear over time as well...we don't build motors using squirters unless the customer has a specific requirement. All of our built motors are 'fast' street cars, so not just a drag application specific engine.

How much to ship to the UK? and why no oil squirters ?

·
Registered
243 Posts
How much for shipping to Sydney? Also. are 1/2 head studs required for the 1400whp rating you are giving this? Thanks

·
Premium Member
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The rods are rated at level, but as was noted in the original post the motor overall is rated at 1250+ (Motor is designed for big power (1250+) with all the goodies. ). Sea freight to Sydney is $890 USD. If you're a Swans supporter, freight is $790....email me direct for any specific details. [email protected]

How much for shipping to Sydney? Also. are 1/2 head studs required for the 1400whp rating you are giving this? Thanks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts