Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
302 small block(bolt on) stang on slick's vs. John's 951 new posted links***

Okay well I finally got my firewire. I have ton's of video footage of various race's,meet's,mod's..ect.ect. I am having a problem with hosting undortunetly for some reason I can upload any vid more than 1.5mb on my server. So I really really need some help with hosting some video's. This particular video was during our wed.meet. This guy had just come back from the track that day and saw my car...and decided to talk a little shit. He said that my car was a "4 banger" and that I need a turbo just to keep up with him. yada yada yada. So I tell him let's go line em up ....and I would film. He quickly changed his tone...once I didn't sound so scared of him. What make's it even funnier is his car isint even fast....I was told through a mutual friend he ran 13.0's that day trapping 110mph. Anyways he was cool afterward's...and admitted his lost. lol...we all laughed because he got destroyed. He ran me from very slow roll's if he had run me from 50 or 60mph roll I would have made him look like a 108hp civic. I wasent running race gas or anything so I was only pushing 16 psi. at the time. Anyways enjoy the vid...and thanks in advance for help with hosting .....I really need some assistance.

20mph roll.
http://modracing.net/videos/Stangcoupe-on-slicks-vs-john.WMV

15mph roll.
http://modracing.net/videos/johnVsluke2.WMV

don't you just love ignorant stang owner's who don't know shit about import's.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Very nice. Do you have any 1/4 times and/or dynos? I know some 944 turbos are very fast and they're not designed as 1/4 cars so it's difficult to find times on them. I've been wondering how quick some of these things are??

Tony

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HomeRocks said:
Very nice. Do you have any 1/4 times and/or dynos? I know some 944 turbos are very fast and they're not designed as 1/4 cars so it's difficult to find times on them. I've been wondering how quick some of these things are??

Tony
you are absolutely right about the 1/4 mile thing.. I have yet to have a good pass. I was completely stock other than LBE I ran 14.0's and 13.9's.....with some bolt'on's and stock turbo I went [email protected] havent gone back with current setup. My car really doesn't have any business in the 1/4 mile though...so I don't see myself racing it again. My car belongs on the freeway...it like's 50-70 roll's...the best:D

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
porshh951 said:
you are absolutely right about the 1/4 mile thing.. I have yet to have a good pass. I was completely stock other than LBE I ran 14.0's and 13.9's.....with some bolt'on's and stock turbo I went [email protected] havent gone back with current setup. My car really doesn't have any business in the 1/4 mile though...so I don't see myself racing it again. My car belongs on the freeway...it like's 50-70 roll's...the best:D
Wow you are fast.

·
A T-Rex going "Rawr!"
2,778 Posts
What does your current setup consist of? And can you educate an ignorant domestic owner as to the '951'. What the difference i've seen tons of 944s that didnt run anywhere near the times I ran stock. No offense, but i'm sure he just thought you were like most of the 944s ive ran.

Good kills! Cant see the vids sorry.

·
Banned
1,731 Posts
86-88 944 Turbos were low mid 14 to low 14 sec cars stock. And very fast for their time. 89 944 turbos are basically the s model from the prior year which means the 4 valve per cylinder head. The brakes and handling of that car are very very good even by todays standards. Many people think the identical 944 S is a turbo-its not. Many Porsche fanatics(ie 911 fans) hated it because it was not air cooled and rear motored. That car in thw right hands could outrun all the 911s sans the turbos at the time in a road course or the straights.
A shame we never got the 968 turbo here in the states. Too much money and the 968 in n/a form sold poorly(most were rag tops)

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
SDC said:
What does your current setup consist of? And can you educate an ignorant domestic owner as to the '951'. What the difference i've seen tons of 944s that didnt run anywhere near the times I ran stock. No offense, but i'm sure he just thought you were like most of the 944s ive ran.

Good kills! Cant see the vids sorry.
probably true.....944 n/a's arent that fast...I should know I have owned two of them. But you obviously havent run into many 951's .....i.e. 944 turbo's. Because a 944 turbo while considered very fast in it's hay day...it still pretty quick stock by today's standard's. You do run into problem's even with the stock platform....our wastegate's go bad ..normally around the 100k-115k mark..and our relielf valves also tend to give out. So if you do run into a "stock" 944 turbo and he hasent taken care of these issue's....then he prolly is only seeing 6 or 7 psi of boost. You see our cv's are weak...and the spring open's at only 3 psi stock...this was done on purpose...to slow the car down ...and produce less hp......porsche's flag ship was the 911turbo and they didnt want a 4 cylinder front engine car..beating out there flag ship. So they detuned the turbo on purpose.....even those turbo "s" model's have weak springs opening at 3 or 4 psi of boost. When my car had nothing done to it....it went 14.1's....when I bypassed the cv...with a lbe it went 13.9's....and that's just on stock boost....restrictive downpipe,cat,stock afm...ect.ect. If I were you I wouldn't fear any 944's......but if you run into a 951....as this guy learned.......they can be surprising quick with just a few well placed mods......he made the mistake of being arrogant.....and because of his lack of education(knowledge) on the subject...allowed himself to get owned...by a 15 year old 4 cylinder car. Maybe now he will think twice when someone say's they own a 951. Our car's arent built for the quater mile....in fact...our drivetrain's hate it. My car has no buisness being on the drag stip....it belong's at Laguna Seca coming outta turn 4 .....hitting the throttle heading over that hill. My car is dated technology..........now being that it is porsche...help's some but, still a new zoh is going to give me a serious run for my money on the track...even with my mods. Car technology in these past few year's has gotten crazy. That's why I make sure to keep mine updated the best I can. Considering the small displacement of my engine..and the fact that I only have one turbo...there is only so far I can go in the horsepower war. I do know of some 944 turbo's that have 3.0ltr 968 engine's with the 16v head......big turbo pushing 20 psi of boost....and they can make 550-600rwhp.......but beyond that I havent hered of any. There really is no replacement for displacement....there are however equalizer's....i.e. turbo's nitrous...ect.ect. But you take a 5 or 6 ltr....engine built to low compression turbo spec's....strap on a big turbo turn up the boost ...and he is going to be making alot more power than I am. I am just tied of running into ignorant domestic owner's.......but, I guess that's not fair....because lot's of people are going to be ignorant.....especially when you drive something they don't see very often. Like I said I was only on 16 psi and pump gas...not to mention we went from 15 roll's and 20 roll's.....had we gone from a freeway punch.....I would have made him a spec. in the distance....but, then again his car isint made for that is it. His car is made for the quater mile...and mine isint. I will post a video of me doing 160mph here in a sec....maybe you guy's would like to see it. I was only running 16 psi that day...and I was on pump gas.....so my car wasent at it's best but , I am sure you will get the idea.:D

·
A T-Rex going "Rawr!"
2,778 Posts
Hmm, I dunno but that stang cant be running 13.0s? I mean my car went [email protected] with just a vararam airbox. On the stock tires...run flats (cringe) Why does he have slicks? lol.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
SDC said:
Hmm, I dunno but that stang cant be running 13.0s? I mean my car went [email protected] with just a vararam airbox. On the stock tires...run flats (cringe) Why does he have slicks? lol.
cheater slick's.......they aren't dr's.....but they are dot approved...I can't rememeber what he told me that night. You also have to remember your car is much newer technology..than his is. It is going to take him more to reach you. Also...he didnt have nitrous on yet......he told me he is going to put nitrous on it but, hadn't at that point. Like I said no big deal....he just thought I wouldn't be a problem.......I just thought it was funny. He was alos aod.....so I think that hurt him as well....since we were going from a roll..and he couldn't launch.

·
A T-Rex going "Rawr!"
2,778 Posts
Cheater Slicks = ET Streets.

I know, but all I hear all day is how fox bodys are so light and 5.0s are the mother of all engines blah blah. And his is modded and runs 13.0s... Woo.. Did he have any internals or just bolt-ons? Maybe thats the difference. Anyway, you raped him. That was just sad.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am pretty sure he was just bolt on's.....but who know's. Yeah that's what they are.....et streets!....thanks for the help. I think he was running like 15 psi in them....he lowered it before we raced.....

·
Registered
36 Posts
944 turbo S did not have the 4 valve heads. The S became the standard 944 turbo the following year. It was rated 247 vs 217 hp and had better suspension and brakes.

When the 968 came out with 4 valve heads people had a hard time trying to figure out how they could adopt them to the 944T.

I had an 88 944t which was a great car. At the time they weren't pulling huge hp numbers out of them on the aftermarket. Someone had tampered with the car so it ran higher boost. On the freeway i could swear it pulled harder than my 930. I did fix it to stock boost though because i figured the gerry rigged set up would ultimately blow the motor. You hardley see them around anymore. You can get them pretty cheap, but you wil still pay "porsche prices" to maintain them. If it wasn't for that, i'd pick one up again in a heartbeat

·
Registered
34 Posts
porshh951 said:
Likewise, maybe you should go figure out just what "Built" is on a mustang. Last I checked a "built" mustang runs a hell of a lot faster than 12 seconds. Just an hint, a built mustang isn't a k&n filter and flowmasters.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: Re: Built 302 small block stang on slick's vs. John's 951

hustler said:
Likewise, maybe you should go figure out just what "Built" is on a mustang. Last I checked a "built" mustang runs a hell of a lot faster than 12 seconds. Just an hint, a built mustang isn't a k&n filter and flowmasters.
lol...I know what built is. I used that term because that's what the guy told me.....even though I think all he had was bolt on's I can only go by what that guy told me about his own car even though I don't believe him about his motor being gone through who am I to judge. I truely believe he was bolt on only...running 13.0's but who the hell know's......since I am not him...I can't speak about his car. That was pretty stupid of him to race me if he wasent built........when he was talking I honestly thought he was a low 12....and I thought I could get him on the freeway no problem...but, down low since he was on slick's he might beat me.....hince in the first race after I destroy him...you hear me say Holy shit! cause I didn't expect to walk him like that.;)

G

·
porshh951 said:

I love ignorant import owners who talk shit about winning a race from a roll. Sack up and launch the car...then talk shit.

btw, your vids are down.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: Re: Built 302 small block stang on slick's vs. John's 951

My94Pony said:
I love ignorant import owners who talk shit about winning a race from a roll. Sack up and launch the car...then talk shit.

btw, your vids are down.
lmao. my car was ment for high wpeed run's. The autobaun. My car isint a stop light dragster .....let's see who can get to a hundred from a standstil stuff. Mustang's are ment for that. They are built for the drag strip. While my car is at home on a road race course. Launching my car on stock clutch would be stupid and pointless. You don't like races from a roll....but, the fact of the matter is ...that races from a roll are the best way to tell about hp. You can run fast in the quater mile....or from a stop light and not have alot of hp.....gear's,tires,aod.ect.ect. That's why you can see car "a" run a 12.6 at 109 and car "b" run a 12.6 at 116. Car b would win from a roll on the street even though they have the same times at the track. His car wasent ment for freeway racing...so that's why we didnt go from a 70 roll and my car isint made for stoplight drag so we didn't go from a dig. Don't hate on races from a roll.......if you loose a race from a roll you know he has either better gear's, or more hp....but, unless you are freeway racing 50-150 gear's arent going to hurt him that much...I mean even with 4.10's you can still run 135-140mph.....I like running from a roll cause it shows hp. Show's which car is making more power.

G

·
Re: Re: Re: Built 302 small block stang on slick's vs. John's 951

porshh951 said:
lmao. my car was ment for high wpeed run's. The autobaun. My car isint a stop light dragster .....let's see who can get to a hundred from a standstil stuff. Mustang's are ment for that. They are built for the drag strip. While my car is at home on a road race course. Launching my car on stock clutch would be stupid and pointless. You don't like races from a roll....but, the fact of the matter is ...that races from a roll are the best way to tell about hp. You can run fast in the quater mile....or from a stop light and not have alot of hp.....gear's,tires,aod.ect.ect. That's why you can see car "a" run a 12.6 at 109 and car "b" run a 12.6 at 116. Car b would win from a roll on the street even though they have the same times at the track. His car wasent ment for freeway racing...so that's why we didnt go from a 70 roll and my car isint made for stoplight drag so we didn't go from a dig. Don't hate on races from a roll.......if you loose a race from a roll you know he has either better gear's, or more hp....but, unless you are freeway racing 50-150 gear's arent going to hurt him that much...I mean even with 4.10's you can still run 135-140mph.....I like running from a roll cause it shows hp. Show's which car is making more power.

Also shows who's scared to show driving skill. It doesnt take much to shift 2-3 times from a roll.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: Re: Re: Re: Built 302 small block stang on slick's vs. John's 951

My94Pony said:
Also shows who's scared to show driving skill. It doesnt take much to shift 2-3 times from a roll.
lol...kinda of a stupid shit talking statement don't you think. I didn't realize we were still in 8th grade. Talk to me about driving skill when you race laguna or mid ohio with me this year...oh and try and keep up...lol...

lol...I am sorry.....lol....driving skill....lauching car....hmm....lol...really really hard . Maybe I just don't want to abuse my clutch and drivetrain for something my car wasen't designed for. Oh btw I have been racing in some form or fashion since I was 7 year's old.I have been club racing since I was 15. You comment's are unfounded and immature....try to grow up a little.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
oh fyi. I enjoyed beating the stang owner because he was talking so much shit. If he haden't made those comment's to me and about my car.....I would have been much nicer in my first post with the vid.s

·
Registered
6,785 Posts
Can you please relable this car as 302 with minor boltons and ET Streets vs John's 951
Another useless thread..
I have to ask, are most mustang owners dicks to supra owners? I only ask because it seems we just dont get along very well. Hell, my best friends all have f-body's and we get along great. I like any fast car. I am currently looking for a mk4 now
Glad ya kicked his ass though, cant stand shit talking for no reason

1 - 20 of 28 Posts