Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Racing Supras since 1995
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having some problems with my tranny/converter. It seems to be slipping more than normal. Although sometimes it seems fine, other times it slips more than usual. I have a PI 3800 stall and an STC Tranny. Also, sometimes it will not go in reverse at all. I mean, you put it in R, but it just sits there like there is not enough fluid in it. This morning it went into reverse fine. Does it sound like tranny, converter, or what? Could it be the pump? It seems to maybe be a pressure issue, or maybe something getting clogged, thus it is intermittent. btw, I've checked and rechecked the fluid level, since that is what it seems like that the fluid is low. This morning I drained the fluid and examined it, there does appear to be a lot of gold metal "flakes" in there. thanks in advance.

·
Registered
9,759 Posts
I tried to send you a PM back, your box was full. I would pull the converter and have it checked first...it is more than likely the culprit since you are having issues with it reving over the usual stall speed.

Jason

·
Racing Supras since 1995
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sound Performance said:
If it is the converter, it would not go into any gear...... not just Reverse.

well, when you do put it in D, it doesn't go in there "hard" like usual, you have to give it a lot of gas to get it going. But, again, sometimes it acts normal.

·
Making a ComeBack!
1,054 Posts
All I have to say buddy is good luck with that STC tranny it'll never work the way it's suppose to and I know this from experience from my buddy's car and after 4 replacements ( He's still waiting on the 4th one back for the last 3 months or so) he went 6spd.

BTW it is the TRANNY, thats F***ing up.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hey whizky.

You must be talking about Frank. I bought his auto rearend from him and he was telling me about his tranny. 2 weeks later before I even got to put the rearend in, my built SP tranny bit the dust. My tranny was built back in 03 and I bought it from another guy, So I know how I treated it but no clue on his end.

It acted similar two twofivebar's with the reverse problems. I assumed it was the converter at first too. So I yanked the PI converter out and put the stocker back in to send the PI off. Let the car down off the lift and drove it around the block. Car just kept reving and not putting power down and had this aweful spinning sound almost like the input shaft was stripped and just spinning in the converter. Decided to let a pro look at it. He pulled the tranny. Shaft was fine......BUT...... Planetaries inside Tranny were trashed. Totally ate up and dumped a ton of shit into the tranny.

So my suggestion is get it looked at ASAP......

I did not drive my car long when I had first noticed issues so It can F some stuff up.

Michael

·
Registered
330 Posts
Twofivebar

PM'ed you my phone number , call me.
I think we may have alot to talk about. From what you wrote it sounds like STC is feeding you the same excuses for tranny failure as they fed me.
And don't believe their crap about it being your cars fault or escpecially AEM's fault.
I have had 4 transmissions go . And regardless of what they say each one that went had a unique issue.

You may need a lawyer before the end of this, as I have hired one.
They've had my transmission ( my 4th in less than a year) in Chicago since early April and have not refunded me any money or sent the transmission back.

Can anyone say Civil theft Lawsuit? It's a wonderful thing. And if STC isn't smart they'll have to pay 3 times the purchased amount.
I've offered them a reduction from the original purchase price and they're jerking me around again , excuse after excuse not to send the money ( after they agreed to settle).
My car has been down since the begining of April and today is June 13th!
I have so much documentation ,a preponderance of evidence in a civil lawsuit is NOT a proplem.
So Anyone at STC reading this, yes I have PROOF you were advised my trransmission was at Forward Air waiting for you to pick it up! And so much more against you!
Your heads will spin as you get the judgment against you. And the fact that you sold this to me in Florida is a wonderful expense you're going to incur as well.

I tired to be fair and patient , and in return you've taken advantage of me . I am going to come after you with EVERY Legal option possible.
There's a lot of things I've heard of ,and found out about STC you won't like to hear. And I'm sure STC won't like to hear. They don't know who says what, they'd be surprised the information I have and the source of information. Stryker one against you STC ( know what I mean?)

·
Cheifbootknocka
1,944 Posts

·
Racing Supras since 1995
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
any other input? still have not heard from stc...

·
Banned
378 Posts
Yeah, Marko D and Bill DeKoning are guys behind STC. Maybe this should be posted in the STC sponsor section??

EDIT I guess they are not sponsors anymore LOL

·
Making a ComeBack!
1,054 Posts
The contact number is no longer in service the lines are Disconnected, fcrash294tt when he tried to call them WED or THURS...

·
Racing Supras since 1995
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Marko told me to change the fluid and clean the filter screen. I did that and it is still f'ed up. It now seems to go in reverse fine everytime, but when you put it in D, it barely wants to go forward...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts