Supra Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Never narc'd on nobody
3,246 Posts
Wow I bet that thing sounds like it's on heroin.....201 is some impressive shit.

You see the dish on those classic's he had on the rear for the standing mile? Yeow...them are large!

·
Wobbiest: Three Laws Safe
6,137 Posts
I'm a late model c4 fan, I was surrounded by them growing up so they have a place in my heart. I remember MT did a test with a couple c4's back in the day and IIRC they were right around that 200 mark. And for those who have never tried - one C4 my buddy owned had a similar cage - crap if that car wasnt tight enough and a pita to get into before - sheesh.

nice vette.

·
Premium Member
12,615 Posts
Mr. Wob said:
I'm a late model c4 fan, I was surrounded by them growing up so they have a place in my heart.
Werd to the Wobbizzle. :)

They are still sexier than C5s or "missing an ass" C6s, and soooooo fun to modify. I wish I had a dollar for every 355", 377", 383", and 406" TPI engine I played with when I used to tinker with C4s. My favorite was a 415" LT5 that we built for a friend's ZR-1. That car had a full DRM suspension upgrade and a 150-shot of spray. I don't think there was a car built back in 1997 that could touch us on the highway...

·
NFA Pimp
2,734 Posts
The only thing I could not stand about the C4 Vettes were the Knight Rider dash. Other then that, I love the way the 91-96 Vettes look. Still preferr that look over the C5.

·
6,137 Posts
that dash was pimp. The early c4's had the really goofy dash the stupid passenger padding and the seperate gauge pods like the Star Trek car.

I liked the revamped interior and the four spoke steering wheel - I never liked the 2 spokers.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I loved it til I saw the solid rear axle... There is a Guy in Michigan with a daily driven Twin turbo (not a callaway) LT1 that makes over [email protected] the wheels and purrs @ idle... N/A HP in a small block that isn't an LS1 ususally isn't that quiet..

Just my 2 cents...and I have an 87 Z51....

Has anyone run a Supra in the standing mile?? how does it stack up?

·
6,137 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,615 Posts
G said:
The only thing I could not stand about the C4 Vettes were the Knight Rider dash.
We did a couple of dash makeovers using Auto Meter Pro-Comp gauges. Got tired of squinting to read the digital bullshit.

·
6,137 Posts
i'll insert a gripe about the C4's though - what a pita with a stick. The foot tunnel was just too cramped - not even sports car cramped, like omfg get the pedals in there cramped.

·
Premium Member
12,615 Posts
My 1987 Vette had a built TH700R4. No problem. ;)

Yeah, the footroom sucked...

·
fbody to supra to fbody
2,015 Posts
FYRARMS said:
Werd to the Wobbizzle. :)

They are still sexier than C5s or "missing an ass" C6s, and soooooo fun to modify. I wish I had a dollar for every 355", 377", 383", and 406" TPI engine I played with when I used to tinker with C4s. My favorite was a 415" LT5 that we built for a friend's ZR-1. That car had a full DRM suspension upgrade and a 150-shot of spray. I don't think there was a car built back in 1997 that could touch us on the highway...
:bowdown: It's refreshing to see all this C4 love in here, as opposed to hatred pretty much, well, anywhere else... I love the GS.

-J

·
Registered
507 Posts
there was a C4 with an auto and a built LT1 + 150 shot that ran the Texas Mile the year before I took the Supra out and it did 178 I think, the guy actually drove it down from Austin.
white C4 with some black powdercoated FM5s, it looked sick and just flew.

·
Banned
497 Posts
Mr. Wob said:
I'm a late model c4 fan, I was surrounded by them growing up so they have a place in my heart.
Same here I owned a '95 Lingenfelter C4 Vert, damn I miss that car.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I drove a '96 LT1 Vette one time, fun car, GREAT torque. Of course, the hairy monster in the standing mile C4 above has nothing to do with the stock Vette!! But I love the idea of an scary loud NA motor with lots of cubes and lots o revs, and no restrictions, kind of like a modern day Can-Am car!!! :bowdown: Much more of a pure powerplant as opposed to a complex, heavy and very HOT FI motor.

I also love the idea of a quiet sleeper like my TRD Gen II equipped Supra idling up to the line packing around 650 RWHP for a fast mile run. I think at some point I am going to have to do it and make one STRONG run and then let them ban me (for not having a cage) just to see what I can get. Lots of prep would go into that run however, I wouldn't take a chance at those speeds.

·
Premium Member
12,615 Posts
Big Block Stingray said:
I owned a '95 Lingenfelter C4 Vert, damn I miss that car.
Now THAT would have been a sweet ride...

·
!black
4,622 Posts
I like the C4 muuuch better than the C5. The C5 has better everything, but I just like the layout of the C4 better. Then again, I like cars from the 80s :) I dig the hard edge style from the era.

I wouldn't mind a TT'd LT4 396" C4 :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts