Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ive been wondering about this for a while.. did a search and didnt find what i was looking for... just curious what the average lifespan of a built 2JZ is... I highly doubt it would be capable of running for over 100k miles like stock motor is (i guess it is possible, but something tells me not gonna happen).. anyone heard about how many miles/how long a built motor would last? i guess it could depend on how hard its driven, etc... but on average, would you think a built motor would have the longevity of a stock block? anyone have any insight? thanks.

edit- by built motor i mean forged pistons such as JE, PHR/JE, Cosworth.. and rods such as Carillo. :)

CJ

·
Vendor
4,400 Posts
well if anything, in theory, a built motor will last longer than the stocker, due to better/lighter parts...but you must consider that the people that are getting built motors are over 800rwhp...so that whole theory goes out the window because of the crazy amounts of boost/heat/pressure that a built motor is put through. if you put built forged internals into your stock twin car, i bet you it will last you a good long time ;)

Mark

1 - 3 of 3 Posts