Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought some headlight and some foglight bulbs. I bought the PIAA platinum series bulb. I bought the 85W bulb instead of the 55W bulb. What do you guys run? Is this safe? Thanks.

·
BPU is so 1997
5,349 Posts
I think you should take them back, those PIAA bulbs are a ripoff.

However, you could use the 85w ones for your highbeams which is a 9005 fitting. The low beams use a 55w 9006.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually the fog light bulbs are the ones that are 85W. I actually really like the extra light. I was driving around tonight and nobody brighted me. Do any of you guys run 85W in the foglight? They probably are overpriced, but I got the fogs, the headlights, and the parking lights all for a 100 bucks total.

·
BPU is so 1997
5,349 Posts
$100 isn't bad.

The only thing you have to worry about is drawing too much current. The potential risk of melting your housing, wires, etc.

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
yup and i have seen this happen not on a supra but in other cars personaly i dont like running higher watage bulds due to the current drain ..hence why i went hid originally!
badmuthrfkr said:
$100 isn't bad.

The only thing you have to worry about is drawing too much current. The potential risk of melting your housing, wires, etc.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have the Philips HID kit from the SupraStore.com. I absolutely love them. I was scared at first to buy them but I gritted my teeth and bought them anyway. It was the best thing(non performance) I have put on my cars. I also have the PIAA 110w Platinum Series highbeams, it is an excellant match for the HID kit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts