Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here is my dilemma...I'm trying to figure out what to do next, but can't decide what I should do first. Here is my setup:

ITS T61
VPC
HKS Type S FMIC
HKS Super AFR

I've had a compression test done and the numbers were ok, but I want more power hence the consideration of more fuel. In building the bottom end, I figured that if I had the engine apart, I might as well throw in some cams, camgears, maybe even slightly larger pistons and all the other goodies...

My goals are to have be able to drive this thing everyday without worrying about reliability issues.

What do you guys think? Fuel or bottom end?

·
Supporting Vendor
4,400 Posts
id put in cams and cam gears if i were you (264/264 max), but you in no way need to touch your bottom end. many of the high horsepower guys (800-900rwhp+) debate about going to a built bottom end. your 61, shouldnt see more than about 630 wheel even with cams (without nitrous)...you will be perfectly fine with the stock internals.

go with the fuel...and happy boosting.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Are you trying to decide between cams and cam gears and fuel or a bottom end and fuel? With that 61mm there is no need to build the bottom end. Get the fuel, it will be a lot more beneficial.

·
NFA Pimp
2,735 Posts
Fuel. The bottom end is strong already and with the fuel you woulndt have to worry about sucking your lines dry. Plus rebuilding the bottom end is not going to give you any more HP

1 - 4 of 4 Posts