Supra Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the 89+ front bumper lip (or spoiler) won't bolt up to the the pre89 bumper, is this just because of of the bolt hole locations? Or does the 89+ lip not correctly follow the bottom of the pre89 bumper. I ask because i'm finishing up my front end on the supra i'm restoring and i'm only lacking a lip. I know a junkyard around here has an 89 with a lip, and that's the ONLY lip i've been able to find, I haven't found ANYTHING else and it is angering me. lol. Thanks!

·
239RWHP @ 9PSI
1,882 Posts
they are just shaped differently.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
I believe that aside from the curves being sharper, that the '89 lip is a bit more narrow in the front stretch. Wrong curves, wrong dimensions, wrong bolt pattern. I've seen pics of a pre89 with a CF lip for a '89+... it stuck out a fair amount all the way around, and I'm sure it took some work to mount it.

·
Where's my turbo?
242 Posts
Yup, when I swapped my bumper, I just said screw it, no lip. That stupid thing is soooo bent anyways that it makes the Supra look terrible in the front. Without the lip, it actually doesn't look bad.

·
Acceleration
3,833 Posts
djsupra7 said:
Yup, when I swapped my bumper, I just said screw it, no lip. That stupid thing is soooo bent anyways that it makes the Supra look terrible in the front. Without the lip, it actually doesn't look bad.
But with a good lip, u don't know how u ever drove without it :)

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I refuse to go without a lip, I just absolutely can't find one! Argh >_<

·
JZA70 448 rwhp everyday
2,994 Posts
get the shine lip or get one from duane.

~scott

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
MKivSupra_Rob said:
shien makes a lip that fits pre89s? i though duane's and some old retired lips were the only pre89s
More info on the shien lip? I searched and found nothing on it. I had elmhurst on here quote me for a new one and I think it was about 160.

·
Where's my turbo?
242 Posts
AGlobalThreat said:
But with a good lip, u don't know how u ever drove without it :)
True. I would like an aftermarket lip, but you know the story about college students. There's just no money, ever... :ugh2:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts