Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know i've seen huge threads on this before but I can't find anything with the search (sorry!)

I am wanting to put an 89+ bumper on my 87 turbo, do I just need the bumper as it will bolt right up? Or is there mounting brackets underneath I need...
and will my stock '87 header panel work with an 89 bumper or do I need the 89 header panel as well as the mounting bracket for the header panel...
Thanks again! Sorry I couldn't use the search very well

·
Registered
413 Posts
http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=160465

It's in the FAQs.

Ninja Edit: Also, you're going to need the newer foglights and grill. The turnsignals still work but look like ass, so you might as well update those too with the half and half. I've heard people say that you need the 89+ nose (I assume that is what you mean by "header panel"), but I'm not sure if it's designed differently or if it has extra mounting holes.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ahh I thought I looked in the FAQ, thanks.

Does anyone know if the stock 1987 Nose will work if I put the 89 bumper on my car? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
outofstep said:
Some fag did an FAQ on this. Should be pretty easy to find.
haha =P

Will the nose from my 87 still fit with the 89 bumper on it? I assume you would know.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
outofstep said:
Are you talking the part directly over the bumpers? If so, yes.
Awesome, thanks man. I'm glad all i'll have to buy is the bumper itself and no brackets nor a new Nose panel! Sorry for so many posts, but thanks a ton!

·
MK3 Owner For Life
1,822 Posts
It will work but you will have to keep the pre 89 signals. The mounting brackets for the signals and grill on the nose are different. Other than that it will work. I would get the nose if you plan on getting the 89+ signals and grill.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
zoonwen said:
It will work but you will have to keep the pre 89 signals. The mounting brackets for the signals and grill on the nose are different. Other than that it will work. I would get the nose if you plan on getting the 89+ signals and grill.
Will it work if I buy an 89+ bracket but use my 87 nose? Will that allow the turn signals and grills to bolt up?

·
Toyota/Lexus Owner
410 Posts
If you want the turn signals and the grills to lign up, you will need the bumper, nose, and the metal support that holds everything together. It's a ton of bolts that hold everything together. Even the nose piece is bolted onto both fenders.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
MA-71 said:
If you want the turn signals and the grills to lign up, you will need the bumper, nose, and the metal support that holds everything together. It's a ton of bolts that hold everything together. Even the nose piece is bolted onto both fenders.
I hate to keep badgering on, but what metal support are you refering to? By any chance have any pics? Thanks...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts