Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
DitchByTheSideOfTheRoad
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My used Eibachs I just put on are bottoming out...where is the bump stop located? I just had them installed and dunno where to look exactly... got the manual and can't seem to find something labeled that in it.
and other ideas why the drivers side is hitting the fender well?

·
silvermkiv
448 Posts
Your probably going to have to remove the struts from the car to see them. They are located on the shaft of the strut. Under the protective rubber boot at the top of the strut shaft.

·
Administrator
4,970 Posts
parboy said:
Your probably going to have to remove the struts from the car to see them. They are located on the shaft of the strut. Under the protective rubber boot at the top of the strut shaft.
Have you ever had the struts off of your Supra? I've never seen bumstops on the shaft of the struts on a Supra, but my old Z had them.

·
silvermkiv
448 Posts
Originally posted by RSA Supra
Have you ever had the struts off of your Supra? I've never seen bumstops on the shaft of the struts on a Supra, but my old Z had them.
Yep, I just swapped mine out last week. On the fronts there is a small black rubber stop that goes on the shaft. On the rears, it is a little bigger, yellow/orange color kinda integrated with the protective boot.

C

·
0 Posts
It is too much trouble to get to the spring bumper IMO. When you replace the springs, did you replace the struts as well? The struts you have right now might be worn and will not operate properly with your springs.

Also, it is too dangerous to get to the spring bumper in your own garage and it's pain in the a$$ to work on it, you will need spring compressor and other tools to work on the strut. I think shops charge like $50 for each struts, uninstalling and installing, wo why not get new shocks and have them do the hard work?

Peter~

·
DitchByTheSideOfTheRoad
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
'cause I just paid 200 to get them installed :(

They were used so I half expected it but...

If I do take it back I will go with a new strut.

·
DitchByTheSideOfTheRoad
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Kapi did you have any problems after replacing them??? does it ever rub? I am going to go to a 245/45 will that rub? assumning that the shocks are good and stock bumpstops?

Thanks All!
Brent

1 - 11 of 11 Posts