Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Function over form
2,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right below where the plastic NA intake piece starts where the radiator is, there are a crap load of leaves and brush stuck down in there. I guess they just got pushed up in there over the years. Looks like I need to somehow lift or even take the radiator out to clean there. It looks like a lot of airflow is being blocked because of it. How did you guys clean this?

·
Registered
328 Posts
Yeah when I did my water pump and timing belt, I removed the radiator and cleaned it out then. I had a bunch of crap in there as well. Pretty soon will be a good time to do a coolant flush and get ready for Texas spring/summer heat (if it hasn't been changed out in a while). It's not too hard to remove the radiator if you have the coolant drained anyway. =)

·
Function over form
2,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i did a coolant flush last month. damn, shoulda waited! can i still atleast lift the radiator to brush the leaves out without having to drain the coolant out of it?

·
Registered
328 Posts
Yeah, IIRC there is a little wiggle room. Just watch with the fan shroud, you don't want to break that thing; they have a couple weak points as it is, and seem to break easily. Maybe you can tilt it enough to get a shop vac with a long attachment down in there and suck the crap out? Dunno, I'd have to look at it again.

·
Wingless FTW
594 Posts
Would a pressure washer work? I've used one to blow bugs and grit out of my FMIC. Just don't turn the pressure up too high.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts