Supra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i tried searchin the threads and right now i have a really bad headache from it but this is my probelm... at start up i get a big puff of blue smoke and than i drive around for a bit... put like 5 psi on first turbo and come home right after... i let the car sit for like 20 sec and tap the gas and i get a puff of blue smoke...n i can wait again and than tap the gas again and same thing.... im thinking really bad valve stem seals or blown turbo seal... what do yall think? btw my turbo still produce 11 to 12 psi on #1 and 17psi when both are online. :dunno:

thanks for the help... sorry if this is a repost.. i need info asap since ill be makin an appointment with the dealership maybe tomorrow

G

·
hmmmm... my old talon would smoke bad if I floored it when the car wasn't warmed up yet. then it would eventually smoke less and less once it warmed up. It would also smoke a tiny tiny bit when it was idling. I found out that it was a seal in the turbo going out (expanding and retracting). I'm not sure if this is exactly what your car is doing, but it sounds like a turbo seal. my talon had 120,000 miles on it and the boost controller was set at 16 psi for daily driving. so a seal might be going out in one of your turbos, but it's not bad enough to keep the turbos from producing a good amount of boost (yet). sorry if this was no help.

·
I like Turtles
98 Posts
d

burning oil means trhat the car is not running correct - you may want to take it to a qualified mechanic in your area - I used the yellow pages when i had a similar problem - best of luck to you friend -

(THe most pathetic reply one preson could ever POST ) i upset myself just typing it.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
im just gonna do the valve stem seals and a valve cover gasket... i finally got ahold of one of my friends that owns a performance shop and he said that MOST likely that could be it... i just hope after i get that done no more smoke... but hey if its still smoking..... single turbo time

thanks for the help guys

1 - 6 of 6 Posts