Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving down us 17 in jacksonville FL (Roosevelt Blvd) with my wife and sister in wifes 95 Prelude VTEC, stock externals, previous owner MAY have done internals, we have no idea not dynoed yet, and pulled up next to a black Grand Prix GTP with gauge pods, exaust, slightly louder S/C, and most likely intake, and headers, he told us later he had an empty N2O bottle. From a 60 roll i dropped into 3rd and watched him pull me by a car and as im topping out 3rd im on him by a car, dropped into 4th and LEFT him. talked to him after the run, congratulated him on a good run and ran from 2nd and ran him hard. It was the only other boosted vehicle ive run since my friends S/C Tacoma Pre-Runner. Good run....Good fun

G

·
Supra87T said:
I was driving down us 17 in jacksonville FL (Roosevelt Blvd) with my wife and sister in wifes 95 Prelude VTEC, stock externals, previous owner MAY have done internals, we have no idea not dynoed yet, and pulled up next to a black Grand Prix GTP with gauge pods, exaust, slightly louder S/C, and most likely intake, and headers, he told us later he had an empty N2O bottle. From a 60 roll i dropped into 3rd and watched him pull me by a car and as im topping out 3rd im on him by a car, dropped into 4th and LEFT him. talked to him after the run, congratulated him on a good run and ran from 2nd and ran him hard. It was the only other boosted vehicle ive run since my friends S/C Tacoma Pre-Runner. Good run....Good fun
haha nice. not sure why he lost. he should have wacked you by about 10 cars at least. and since your implying he had a smaller SC belt, that alone is good for low 13's. not to mention the other mods. But my guess is, you got a HUGE advantage since hes auto. and your prelude better have a ton of mods to get it into the low 13's. I have a 2000GTX and I would never race that mushy ass auto from a roll

G

·
It was the only other boosted vehicle ive run since my friends S/C Tacoma Pre-Runner.
I'm going to assume the Prelude is either S/C or Turbocharged because of the above statement.

Unless..... he means the GTP was the other boosted vehicle besides the Pre-Runner. Who knows....

G

·
yeah i also think he should have handed it to you as well, with those mods, even from a roll i would think he would decimate you. I dunno??? anything can happen on the street i guess. Good kill!

·
Pimp of Centralia
2,815 Posts
if its a stock GTP .. thats not suprising..

GTP's even though they can run low 14's stock.. have very low trap speeds.. low 14's @ anywhere from 90 - 92 mph...

bolt-on Preludes have ran mid 90's trap..

i think the GTP's make most of their power down low.. not really that much of a threat at highway speeds

G

·
trustsupra....what are you implying by that statement about the newbies???? You yourself were once a newbie, as was every single other person thats on this board. I find that to be a pretty ignorant statement considering you dont know any of us "newbies" and what we may have to offer to this board. Think about what you say before you say it man.
~Brian

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
no there is NOTHING done to my wifes prelude, it has 105k miles and there were 4 ppl including myself in the car, he ran hard but i pulled harder, i have burned numerous turbo cars including eclipses, and civics abroad, it is BONE STOCK including the ORIGINAL clutch to our knowledge, ppl have assumed the previous owner did internal mods cuz vtec hits hard as balls, it ran a 10.4 @ 74mph in the 1/8th no 1/4 locally here. and that was my first time at the track, it could easily break 9's with practice.

and im not a newb i have owned a supra since 2000 and have been registered since 2002 i think i dont post much but i read often, dont be an arrogant prick, consider the possibilities.

o yea also burned a 4.6 mustang GT on the interstate doin 125 he down shifted into 4th and i stayed in 5th and i walked on him after bout 90..... also burned a GS400 with mods, dunno what else besides exaust but it was a modded v8 nonetheless.

G

·
Speedfreak81 said:
trustsupra....what are you implying by that statement about the newbies???? You yourself were once a newbie, as was every single other person thats on this board. I find that to be a pretty ignorant statement considering you dont know any of us "newbies" and what we may have to offer to this board. Think about what you say before you say it man.
~Brian
You are obviously offended. What are you some high school dreamer that talks about how your going to get a supra. Or What if I put NAWZ and Turbo on an N/A would it be just as fast? Thats what im talking about, the abundunce of you n00bs posting retarded statements.

And ViperKiller, I think you'd need a lot more then a belt to get a GTP into the low 13s :rolleyes:.

Newbie statements like that is what im referring too..

G

·
You are obviously offended. What are you some high school dreamer that talks about how your going to get a supra. Or What if I put NAWZ and Turbo on an N/A would it be just as fast? Thats what im talking about, the abundunce of you n00bs posting retarded statements.

And ViperKiller, I think you'd need a lot more then a belt to get a GTP into the low 13s .

Where in the HELL are you conjuring up this bullshit from??? At any point in my post was there any hint of a childish kid dreaming of getting a supra and putting nawwwzzz on it? If you find it i think there is something wrong with you. The only retarded statements posted in this thread were by none other than YOU. I guess i have to make my image on this board known because I might get verbally attacked for no other reason than the fact that Im new.
FYI, i am NOT in highschool, I do NOT call N20 "naaawwwzzz", i DETEST rice boys and their retarded "2 Slow 2 Delerious" films, kids who ride around in their honda civics with 5" fart pipes, rims, and cut springs that throw off the caster and camber of their car and the wheels are all bowed in, sounds like a pissed off bee in a tin can.

Now that that is out of the way.......i guess I should give a little background on myself for you Trustsupra.....like i said, i am NOT a highschool kid, I have been around cars since i was fairly young. Have owned a few pretty fast cars, mostly Camaros. I have built engines, I know how to set cars up. I have never had a Supra but have always had EXTREME respect for the cars for what they are, and who knows, maybe ill have one sometime. I was hoping to come to this board to learn more about your cars, meet some good people and possibly find a supra of my own. After being here for only a few days, im not sure I want to be in a group you are involved with. All of what I have said will probably mean absolutely nothing to you, and i will probably still be regarded as some newbie "troll." All I ask is that we all act like adults and that certain people give others a chance before we start acting immature. enough said, i wont say anything more about it.
~Brian

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
can all the bullshit here. its about cars not what u think of someone you dont know or will never meet

not sure what if anything has been done before we got the car, we plan on taking it to a dyno with tax refund and hope to have the supra back this year as well, BHG owns me. will post dyno sheet if anything shows bigger numbers than we expected.

On a different thought, can anyone estimate the HP on my supra? all the mods are listed in my sig thanx

and dont you mean smaller pulley? smaller belt wont fit on the stock pulley just wondering, sounds like a simple slip up

G

·
TrustSupra said:

And ViperKiller, I think you'd need a lot more then a belt to get a GTP into the low 13s :rolleyes:.

yea ur retarded, you know what i meant. and since theres a few stock gtp factory freaks running high 13's, you are the obvious newbie when it comes to GTP's.

i wasnt so lucky with my 4 door gtx. even though i had the extra 20 hp, it still didnt run 13's stock. but i did have a huge system, and chrome 18's so i wasnt mad. I ditched the 3.8 for the 3.4. then ditched the 3.4, for a 3.0 along with TOG headers, Thrasher I/C, caspers AFPR, etc etc. But i sold that heap a long time ago. it takes too much to make those damn cars fast. at least it did a few years ago. in the past couple of years, the parts have gotten cheaper as more vendors have helped lower the prices.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
i was going to stay out of this but what the hell, work is slow.

1) i use to work for pontiac a GTP launched on boost will run mid 14's. if it will hook... My demo cars with low miles ran the following:
1998 31 miles on it went 14.6 @94 mph. 2.1 60 foot
1999 89 miles [email protected] 2.0 60 foot
2000 REGAL GS 21 miles [email protected] 96mph 2.3 60 foot
2001 500 miles 14.2 @91 2.0 60 foot.

2) they dynoed a GTP with the exhaust, computer, filter, and smaller pulley the other day at the shop and it did 240 wheel hp. Noting on fire, but consider a integra type R does 150-155 to the wheels stock. Full bolt on they dont go to 200. also i would not spray a gtp, that = broken parts most of the time. or a hurt trans.

3) im not saying you telling us a fib, you stated that he pulled till 4th in the prelude which im assuming is over 110 mph. All gtp unless the top speed limitor has been removed shut off at 110-112 depending on tires, hill, wind, ect.

So Yes im sure you did run one, Yes im sure he did walk you, and yes if speed went over 110 im sure you beat him.

Good kill, just dont race one from a red light. And if do pray it spinns.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
if i remember correctly, we were at about a 60-70 roll and i dropped into 3rd which tops out at i think 90 and i didnt run 4th too long, 110 is at 5k-5500 in 5th. as i also said before, we bought it used which opens endless possibilities for internals. Also, what I havent said until now is wife pointed out collision damage repairs. Did research and found no paper trails of a wreck, once again...more possibilities. Definitely will dyno it because numerous ppl around town accuse us of hidden mods.....WE'RE BROKE lol cant afford that shit right now dyno run will come after the clutch is replaced to allow proper diagnostics will post sheet and follow up with Q and A from there. we finally have a video camera and i will try to take it with me sometime when i PLAN to go street racing. will need a host for vids plz

G

·
KERR said:

3) im not saying you telling us a fib, you stated that he pulled till 4th in the prelude which im assuming is over 110 mph. All gtp unless the top speed limitor has been removed shut off at 110-112 depending on tires, hill, wind, ect.

for some one who worked for pontiac im not sure how you didnt know that most gtp's limiter was set at 126mph.

Thats what my GTX topped off at before i got the new PCM.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
everyone i had stopped at 110 -112. they just shut off, just like the chevy turcks do at 98-99mph.

Maybe you got a good one ;) or i got junk ones. tell you the truith i didnt top out the 00 or the 01 so they might have changed them. It not like its a good sugestion when your making that sale. Oh by the way... ;)

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
limiter for the GTX may have also been set for a higher speed

·
Registered
886 Posts
TrustSupra said:

Honestly you sound like the newb here. First of all, a couple small mods like a pulley WILL put a GTP into the low 13's.

And beyond all the technical shit, you're acting like a downright asshole. Read the first couple posts, then read yours. I didn't see anything stated that calls for a reaction like that. Even after Speedfreak's comments, he still said he wasn't sure and left it in question format. Anyways I dunno what kind of stick you had up your rear at the time, but I hope you aren't always like that.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts