Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody,

after riding the car for about a year, i have taken it to the autocross for several times here in Greece, doing all kind of racing with it, as well as illegal night racing, we were going through my bushings in the shop yesterday night. Being honest i have to tell you that i replaced my front control arms last year with a new set, and now going through the car i noticed that my bushings all around are not in the best of condition. Call it too much power, call it too much racing, well, i think that i must look for replacements. I was looking around the net and i couldn't find a company that makes poly bushings for the MKIV TT. I know it's a big job, but considering that the newest Supra should be at least 6 years old, there must be something out there that we can use.

I thought of changing all of the suspension components with new ones, but it just doesn't make sense since everything exc. the bushings are in perfect shape (i mean the ball joints).

So any help would more than greatly appreciated.

Thanks everybody for the space,
Dimitri
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found them.

R2 Racing Camber Correction Kit for 1993-98 Supra - Front 116.5
R2 Racing Camber Correction Kit for 1993-98 Supra - Rear 116.5
R2 Racing Control Arm Bushing Kit for 1993-98 Supra - Front 189.95
R2 Racing Control Arm Bushing Kit for 1993-98 Supra - Rear 189.5

Total is 612$. Pretty pricey. So there is no other company out there that makes bushings for our cars :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
82 Posts
I thought I read somewhere that you can get a something like a universal poly bushing kit(or just a bunch of uncut bushings) and lathe them to spec. I could be completely off here though...
 

·
Demented Motorsports
Joined
·
343 Posts
TM engineering

Not to mention the fronts are on backorder now.

Patrick
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
659 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,196 Posts
dk_supra said:
I found them.

R2 Racing Camber Correction Kit for 1993-98 Supra - Front 116.5
R2 Racing Camber Correction Kit for 1993-98 Supra - Rear 116.5
R2 Racing Control Arm Bushing Kit for 1993-98 Supra - Front 189.95
R2 Racing Control Arm Bushing Kit for 1993-98 Supra - Rear 189.5

Total is 612$. Pretty pricey. So there is no other company out there that makes bushings for our cars :(

Yay for bringing a thread back from the dead....

I've read the description on MVP's website about the above listed bushing kits, but am still confused. What advantage does the camber correction kit offer? Does it help maintain a better suspension geometry when lowering the car? Does it allow for more negative camber required for road racing? Something else?

Thanks,
Daniel
 

·
Luvs ( . ) ( . )s
Joined
·
2,088 Posts
I have both front and rear R2 bushings kit installed on my car, it feels great and I only paid like 290 something shipped. I did not get the camber corrections kit, and the alignment came out to excatly where I want it to be (I think the camber corrections kit will allow more neg camber than factory). I didn't ask how much much more room for adjustmens like camber etc... but I can ask if you want. If you want pm me cause I did the install and knows pretty much the tips and trick to this.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
243 Posts
StickyRice said:
I have both front and rear R2 bushings kit installed on my car, it feels great and I only paid like 290 something shipped. I did not get the camber corrections kit, and the alignment came out to excatly where I want it to be (I think the camber corrections kit will allow more neg camber than factory). I didn't ask how much much more room for adjustmens like camber etc... but I can ask if you want. If you want pm me cause I did the install and knows pretty much the tips and trick to this.
I have the R2 bushings front and rear just sitting in a shelf in my garage, because I am dreading the PITA install.

Can you post your tips on installation ?

TIA.
 
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
there no tips. just suck it up and do it. took me about 5 hours to do all the rears.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
243 Posts
suprapotential said:
there no tips. just suck it up and do it. took me about 5 hours to do all the rears.
5 hours doesn't sound bad at all.
Did you need a shop press, or will a bench vice and assortment of sockets do the job ?
 

·
WI-FI FTW, GTFO fuse box!
Joined
·
8,108 Posts
Hmmm, what about the fronts?
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top