Supra Forums banner

61 - 80 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
It may be getting quiet, but the damage is done. The Supra community (MUCH smaller) isn't like the Mustang, Vette, or Camaro community. Word travels fast, enthusiasts talk, business loses. At the end, they're going to lose/have lost quite a bit of business from this.

I was part of the BMW M and AMG forums for years. So many shops CLOSED DOWN because of incidents similar to this. Most shops, even big ones, go under with a few horrible situations like this. I have seen it happen a couple times in both the BMW and Mercedes tuners.

I sure as hell wouldn't want them working on my car or leaving my car there hoping someone doesn't cause some sort of damage or worse. Irresponsibility at its peak, this happened TWICE. That's beyond just being a coincidence.

I hope both owners get every penny they sue for from them. My.02.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I may be only one guy with a mkiv, but when I finally go bigger than bpu, it most certainly won't be with Titan. Maybe that only loses them a few thousand $$$, but they're MY few thousand $$$, and i will be damned before i trust an outfit like that with my car or my $$$.

One small drop, they say 'meh, bugger off kid don't need ya". But add up the lost revenue from all the others who decide to skip over them and on to the next shop down the road, and it adds up.

Maybe their "contract" says they don't have to take care of the problem. But the true measure of a person is when they do something RIGHT that they didn't have to do. It's like the definition of courage - doing something even though you're terrified to do it, because it should be done.

·
Registered
760 Posts
I would like to know the reason Titan is supposedly not helping out.
Im sure with such a ka large shop there is some sort of justification.
I hope Titan has the intent of making this right and i would like to yo hear their side.

This reminds me of a video insaw on youtube of a youtuber whose S2000 was totalled as the mechanic shop dropped his car from the lift.

Here is the link grab some popcorn... it made me cringe

·
Registered
297 Posts
I would like to know the reason Titan is supposedly not helping out.
Im sure with such a ka large shop there is some sort of justification.
I hope Titan has the intent of making this right and i would like to yo hear their side.

This reminds me of a video insaw on youtube of a youtuber whose S2000 was totalled as the mechanic shop dropped his car from the lift.

Here is the link grab some popcorn... it made me cringe

Cudos to that guy for taking it so well in all honesty just like Salamandarin when he lost his McLaren I can't for sure say I would be the same if it happened to my MKIV....

·
Registered
101 Posts
One small drop, they say 'meh, bugger off kid don't need ya". But add up the lost revenue from all the others who decide to skip over them and on to the next shop down the road, and it adds up.
That’s exactly what I thought when I posted. People don’t understand the magnitude of this stuff. I have seen it firsthand in two other car make tuners; The big ones too, not a small mom-n-pop shop.

A few horror stories exactly like this will cause these big names to tank off a cliff, crumble, shut down.

·
Question to suit.
3,562 Posts
Is Titan doing anything with the MKV?

Asking for a friend.

·
Slavery Is Freedom
76 Posts
RRev 2.0? Change model specialty and website; and keep on truckin'....

·
Registered
2 Posts
The update is Titan is being sued. Not only did they screw their customer but the other driver who was hit by Titans mechanic is hurt. The first lawsuit has been filed.All public on the orange county clerks record search. Take care of chris's injuries and the property you damaged zero nero.
Screenshot_20190815-200415.png
Screenshot_20190815-200327.png
Screenshot_20190815-200415.png

·
Kappa Check 1 2
646 Posts
Ooooooh, this is getting saucy.

·
Registered
32 Posts
One look at their google reviews tells the story..
This is without a doubt hurting their bottom line more than if they would've just shelled out for the customer & victim.

Seems like many shops are still stuck in the old school mindset that things will "blow over".
10-20yrs ago this may very well have been the case. Much was based on just word of mouth and/or hard to reach forum posts.

But they forget that this is the age of social media & the internet. And the internet never forgets or forgives..

61 - 80 of 82 Posts
About this Discussion
81 Replies
48 Participants
Strokercharged95GT
Supra Forums
Supra Forums is the largest online Toyota Supra MKI, MKII, MKIII, MKIV and MKV owner's club community. Discuss DIY, modifications, and upgrades.
Full Forum Listing