Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here's the deal...
Dude's trying to sell a Black 94TT on ebay with a buy it now price of $5600.

I say to myself, "WTF?!" Long story short, I check it out, send the guy an email, and it actually WAS going for $5600! Some other guy tried to buy it, but it never went through. So the guy emails me saying the car is no longer available online, but he'll still sell it to me for the same price, and ship it for free. The car is in Italy, it's U.S. spec and was never even registered over there. Supposedly the Sup has a clean title, and was even checked out by a certified mechanic.

My question is this (I know its too good to be true) how can I to make sure I don't get jipped for 6k, and take that guys car of his hands? I thought of paying for the shipping as a security, if it didn't work out, ship it back. But if it did, just give the dude the difference of the price of the car. What do you think?

·
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星
10,376 Posts
ahahaha. you believed it was real?

·
Never narc'd on nobody
3,246 Posts
Send me 5,600 bucks and I will get it for you.....I have family in Europe and do it all the time. My broker is chronopost international.

·
Supras Invade Las Vegas
2,385 Posts
As long as we're on this subject... I found a guy in Italy selling gold bars for 90% off the regular price. He will even ship it for free - you guys know how much a gold bar weighs right? I'm trying to invest my money wisely and gold is a good safe bet.

All I have to do is send 1/4 now via Western Union and then the rest when I see the bar. He said he would ship the bar to my local jewler for inspection and certification before I take final delivery. If I refuse the bar he will refund my entire deposit.

This sounds like a GREAT deal huh guys? What should I do? I mean I could just take that bar and turn it around and make 10X what I spent on it.

·
DRiFTT
991 Posts
yea, try to get someone who lives around there(find someone online, make friends lol) and get them to check it out....5600 bucks loss will make u cry

·
DRiFTT
991 Posts
about that bar, maybe he'll try to get some money and ditch you?

·
Hardtop Crew
6,401 Posts
hahha the good ol Scam, its happend to me about a year ago , i had my hopes up so high and i asked a member on here if it was too good to be true and crushed the feeling. It sucks but theres no way ull ever have a running tt supra under 20k

·
Registered
72 Posts
Jesus Guys...............

How many of these scams do you have to hear about before everyone on SF knows. There will never be a 94 TT in pristine condition with low miles for that amount of money.

There is a website somewhere that I looked at one time that details all internet scams that have been reported.

Every scam I have ever seen posted on SF is on that site, Including the Gold scam as well as a diamond scam.

Others have said it but I will say it again. If it sounds too good to be true, Chances are that it isn't

and

If you can't see it in person, how the hell do you know it's real

·
Supras Invade Las Vegas
2,385 Posts
My gold post was just to illustrate how incredibly fake the original Supra from Italy was.

In the end you only need to remember a few key points to tell if an ad is fake or not.

1 - the item is listed for far less than it is actually worth
2 - you cannot view the item before sending money

Is that clear enough?

Forget about the "Western Union" detail - that's just fluff in this case.

And free shipping? You really have to be gullible to fall for that one. Did you know Gullible isn't even in the dictionary? Don't believe me? Go look it up - I'll wait...

... Did you fall for that one too?

Wait... I've got some great land in Florida to sell too.

·
Damn Spaniards
2,328 Posts
People are seriously dumb... Why would you even need to ask if paying 1/8 of the value of a car that is in a different country is a scam? This just shows how stupid and arrogant the average american is. Do you think you really found some kind of diamond in the ruff insane deal on the internet? Someone is really going to sell a car for a stupid low price just so you can have it? Come on already, you really can't be that stupid. It takes all of 3/10s of a second for Google to show you the average selling price of a MKIV, you don't think the person selling the car has this kind of information. I saw a lady in her mid 40s at my bank driving a Jade TT and I asked her how much if she were to sell, keep in mind she know NOTHING of the value of the car and she told me probably at least 15K and that she would have to see how much it is worth. Are you so stupid that you really think people are just giving something for nothing?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.