Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Nottin' like boost...
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if someone has done it, what did you do? the car doesnt drive so i cant fly there and pick it up and drive it back, so ill have to have it transported but how do you go about sending someone so much money and being protected that they will not take the money and just run?

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
You can fly out and inspect it yourself and arrange shipment of the car. Or you can have a SF.com that is local to the car you are buying and that member can check it out for you. Where is the car located? I'm willing to helpout if it's close to NJ. Good luck

·
5,058 Posts
I did this a few months ago. Sent the check overnight, and told him to send the title overnight. If I didn't get the title the next day I was canceling the certified bankcheck. The title came and the car was dropped off at DAS which was confirmed by the shipper, and I was given a tracking number.

I sent the check to his home address which had to be signed by him.

·
Nottin' like boost...
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i really dont feel like flying there to inspect the car as pictures can show most things with the car and since it has a blown motor i couldnt drive it anyways

·
Hardtop >
1,176 Posts
i am also wondering what is the best and most affordable company to ship with. I have also heard of shipping your car through train? What company does this and how dependable could that be?

·
BPU is so 1997
5,353 Posts
I would not ship it on a train, they get covered in rail dust. When I worked at Honda, the wash boys had to spray this one chemical all over the cars shipped in from Japan with rail dust all over it. It was the only way to get it off.

·
Hardtop >
1,176 Posts
thats true. I contacted Acela, an amtrak train company, and they ship cars. Would i still have the problem of rail dust if i shipped it through Acela?

·
1400rwhp/8 Sec Club
2,831 Posts
I did it PA - LA. I didnt see it, didnt have anyone look at it. Got lucky i guess a 21,500 black/black absolutly perfect..... but i would suggest you having someone look at it now a days.

·
cinnamon jelly bean
1,653 Posts
I flew up to upstate NY, checked out the car and proceeded to give them the check. Title and all was signed over to me, I then arranged for a shipping company to pick it up and I flew home. Car was picked up about 8 days later and then i recieved the car about a week after that.

·
Hardtop >
1,176 Posts
Dave, where was your car shipped from? Did you encounter any problems with DAS, other then the fact that you asked for an enclosed trailor and they didnt do that?

·
Nottin' like boost...
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
SteelCitySupra said:
I did it PA - LA. I didnt see it, didnt have anyone look at it. Got lucky i guess a 21,500 black/black absolutly perfect..... but i would suggest you having someone look at it now a days.
damn wasnt your car for sale for like 35k at first or something i remember seeing it, it had ssi wheels on it right? if so u got it for a steel

·
Hardtop >
1,176 Posts
I contacted AAcross USA and they quoted me from florida to massachussetts about $900, with shipping insurance. Then i contacted Auto Express, and they quoted me about $800 with shipping insurance. Auto express would have the car shippied a lot quicker then AAcross USA. I was wondering if any of you have gone through Auto Express?

·
SF's Cleanest
7,177 Posts
Dave Capone said:
I did this a few months ago. Sent the check overnight, and told him to send the title overnight. If I didn't get the title the next day I was canceling the certified bankcheck. The title came and the car was dropped off at DAS which was confirmed by the shipper, and I was given a tracking number.

I sent the check to his home address which had to be signed by him.
Agreed! :bigok:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts